hero kit build

building an e 50 w/ hero kit, vm22, destroyer. opened up intake and exhaust to match. case matched on 3 bearing case.

should be pretty fast, right?

Re: hero kit build

Sounds good! (edited)

Its a torque monster.

Mine has too much torque on my za I need more sprockets! And I live around a hilly area if that gives you an idea. Even with a higher pipe and low timing (points), low timing so it doesn't over heat when it gets on the pipe I want to get a mini rotor. But still this thing has low end grunt.

YES IT WILL. mine is case matched, use to be set up with 16 16 del, some pipe someone gave to me that was hacked and welded to fit (felt mid range) and 16 front sprocket and 45 rear sprocket, would only do 40 but i could pop and ride weelies, now im rocking a homet 8p, treats cdi, and 18/40 gear ratio and still only a 16/16 del, buddy clocked me going 52 on hot muggy 95degree day. pretty sure im doing ALOT better now in cooler temps.

ha ha ha! i can't wait! i'm really throwing it together. it's going on a rusty maxi N frame. my buddy pat has one doing 58 gps w/ a 6p and a 19 or 21 phbg. it's crazy, his tank is super rusty, i swear he has airleaks, and it's just good like that. something about those heros, they like rusty gas. he's been blasting it hard for years.

i made my exhaust port look as much like my gila's as i could, funny thing tho, my ring stops were asymmetrical, one was a little higher thatn the other. i ported accordingly. seems fine after having worked on vespa top ends.

i just cut the squish out of a stock head. should be ok. the "bevel" matches the dome of the piston pretty good. used an old axle, the cones center the head pretty good. it's a little off...err, i made it so it aims the charge at the exhaust port. yeah, that...

i'm using an old stock roller crank, and it isn't stuffed so i didn't go very deep w/ the case match, but the 3 bearing cases have enough meat to do crazy big elephant ears.

i figure hey, destroyer. it can't go slow w/ a destroyer. DESTROYER! that thing rules. when i was running it on my gila, the handlebars pulled back and i almost slid off the back of my seat when it hit.

i'm gonna start out w/ the same jets i have in my tm24 on the ol' gila. should be nice and rich. timed to like 1.2mm btdc. the vm22 is huge! and i like the crazy drain plug main jet thing. should be running some time next week.

o i like these good reviews. c: been waiting on my hero for about a week now and i plan on running a st. ripper, treats cdi, and a 19phbg. im hoping for a reliable 50. pretty sure im not going to be dissapointed. we shall see.

still working on mine.

19 phbg

Stock porting/korado cases

monza head

mlm hero people's pipe

should be fun

william warnock Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mine has too much torque on my za I need more

> sprockets! And I live around a hilly area if that

> gives you an idea. Even with a higher pipe and low

> timing (points), low timing so it doesn't over

> heat when it gets on the pipe I want to get a mini

> rotor. But still this thing has low end grunt.

^^^ Love it!! I was wondering if anyone was runnin this on a za, I have a korado on a za right now and was thinkin about switchin it up

Did you do anything to the clutches?

How much different is the exhaust angle from this and any other angle port kit? I had one of these a long time ago, I don't really remember anything except the casting on the outside SUCKS!

lets see some pics of your angled intakes!

Cole Doubt Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> william warnock Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Mine has too much torque on my za I need more

> > sprockets! And I live around a hilly area if

> that

> > gives you an idea. Even with a higher pipe and

> low

> > timing (points), low timing so it doesn't over

> > heat when it gets on the pipe I want to get a

> mini

> > rotor. But still this thing has low end grunt.

>

>

> ^^^ Love it!! I was wondering if anyone was runnin

> this on a za, I have a korado on a za right now

> and was thinkin about switchin it up

> Did you do anything to the clutches?

> How much different is the exhaust angle from this

> and any other angle port kit? I had one of these

> a long time ago, I don't really remember anything

> except the casting on the outside SUCKS!

well Im running the treats clutches unmodded for now i have a few stockers taken apart and awaiting me to mod in 420 links and ed's springs. I'll end up modding the treats clutch to 420 links later too. the treats clutch's hub are wayyyyy nicer than a stock za clutch (they're like pot metal i think havent played with them in a while). I'm running an 8p as well it bolted up pretty nice to my mag needed to drill a hole in the mount on the pipe farther back than it comes (about 1/2 inch). Dude all the casting sucks on this thing but the fun is in the build and that's why its an awesome cylinder. Its the under dog that has a ton of potential.

hero+korado+17mm bing+tecno estoril=fun!

nice to see positive reviews because in the past ppl talked a bunch of crap about the hero .

I like my hero better than my gila.

Hero also gets great MPG

Really? That's the first time I've heard that.

Here's some pics for ya tommy. I like the 17 Bing too! My case match looks pretty deep in the photo but it wasn't at the outer edges, you have to watch or you'll be in the ignition or clutch side (ignition side had weld clutch can't due to starter assy) you can see the little effort to make the 8p fit just sucks the stand hits it I'll probably get another pipe down the road. To the Op be sure to post how the destroyer is.

IMAG0384.jpg
IMAG0383.jpg
IMAG0357.jpg

Those transfers look like alfred e neumans ears

You welded on material and did that to it . NO WAY that matches a hero kit . Not even close . Ill do one and post up a pic soon so you can see how its done .

oh yes it does I even put the cylinder on with 2 studs and made it a pretty level transition. I also put some brass spacers in 2 stud holes so it was on with less play. Do it on a ZA and dont go through the ignition or clutch sides.

I am running a hero on a za right now . Im not afraid of going threw .

What intakes are you guys running on them?

I have a Honda ATC bolted to a 4t Mikuni jetted with a dell 110. homo 8p.

Does 45 but needs something more. Been looking to put a real 2t carb but the intake on this doesnt make it easy.

working on general crap today. put moby mags on the N frame. k10 forks. building the motor on friday. should start it up friday night. no paint, lots of rust. it's gonna be junkyard sheik. every time i make a bike look nice it either blows up or gets stolen.

everything fits. got a few more cables and crap to run. do some wiring. make a brake plate and a pipe mount. almost starting time.

was gonna post some pics, but they look like shit. maybe tomorrow.

nooooo now.

intake.

matched pretty goddamn good. new bolt hole. 22mm.

I want to know what the top speeds on these are! I love this thread. I saw Tommy Buzzard's hero and fell in love. Tim-o I can't wait to see this N in person!! Maybe ride it?? Keep this Hero shit up!

this inspires me to get my hero motor off the wall and throw it on something!

started today! almost forgot atf, ha! did a few rich ass heat cycles in the parking lot. all i have for jets is the ones i got for my tm 24. 140 is still pretty god damn rich. idles good. no leaks. rear brake even works! gonna button up some stuff tomorrow, and get some smaller jets.

gnarly brown.

Tim, your pics aren't working for me...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account