what are good 45mph+ speed rated tires for puch newport 2

I have a puch newport and the tires are original and the back is getting some pretty intense dry rotting and sidewall cracks but i have only noticed them recently and then found out they are only speed rated for 35 mph and unsafe anyway. Im trying to figure out what sizes are ok to order for new tires if the original size was 17''X 2.25. Will a 17''x2.50/2.75 clear and what tires would you recommend i'm looking at a heidenau M3 moped tire right now and just dont know

Re: what are good 45mph+ speed rated tires for puch newport 2

Overpriced Parts /

maxi stay with 2.25

hutchinson GP1's, or savas,

as ken said stick 2.25 on a maxi. no fatties.

-Brian- The Ruffians STL /

I'm a fan of IRC NR53. They are really light and moderately grippy. Cheap too. They are like 20 bucks at motorcycle superstore and they ship for 7 bucks or free if you buy enough other stuff like tubes to make your total over 75 bucks.

Gazelles are a bitch to mount up but are a great tire. Have over 2000 miles on one pair with a ton of 60+ blasting.

2.5's just barely fit. i like sava mc11's. don't know what they're rated to, but they fit good and look cool. and i've put lots of 45+mph miles on them.

gazelle!!!

stay away from Sava!

I was going 40mph downhill when my sava got a flat. That was scarry. no more savas for me.

I got a flat with my Gazelles and i could still ride with the flat tire

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account