What drill bit size for clutch brace install E50?

Anyone know what bit size is needed to drill the holes for clutch brace install?

Re: What drill bit size for clutch brace install E50?

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

I wouldn't do it with out a drill press because there is not a lot of room to drill and you got to get it perfect. But really since your tapping it yourself you need a drill bit size just a hair or two smaller than the tap. So use the metric/standard bit chart (found on the internets) to figure out whats the best option. Sorry can't tell you myself because I don't know.

Just buy the mlm pack from 1977. And while your at it get the Briton bees centering guild to get it perfecto.

Google "Tap drill sizes". It'll tell you what size drill bit you need for whatever size tap you use.

Adam Riggsby Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just buy the mlm pack from 1977. And while your at

> it get the Briton bees centering guild to get it

> perfecto.

that would be ideal but I think that guide is a thing of the past

That sucks glad I got one while they had em.

The easiest spot to find on something is the end or the beginning. The middle should be the second easiest. It's not rocket surgery. Just drill it in the middle.

timothy rendall /

hello! if you let me know what thread size you are going to use i'll look it up in my charts and let you know, that is if you are going to use a stock size (eg, MM or impirial, BA, NUC/F, whit/fine) Its 11am in the uk and i'll be back on line at 8pm.

most taps tell ya what size drill to use

the deal behind my question is:

I don't have a drill press, just a hand drill, and the briton bees guide is sold out, so i want to make my own guide with 2 bushings from the hardware store (a large ID bushing to go around the post that will be drilled, and a small ID bushing to guide the bit ). So I need to know how the size of the hole that the drill bit will go into..

I don;t have the brace kit yet so I don't know the screw size or bit size..

Pablo Puchasso /

hit up Emmanuel (sp?)... He still has some of those guides. I got one from him a couple of months ago. Worked perfecto too. I did it with just my hand drill.

if you go to home depot they have little tap/bit packages.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account