Best low maintenance carb for puch maxi?

Ive done a few small up grades to my puch with "ok" results. I now think a larger carb might help. I have already got some bing jets from 50-78 so i would like to buy a larger bing so I dont have to buy all new jets. Or if there is a better carb that uses a adjustment screw that might work. I dont want to spend more than $100.

What is the best low maintenance carb for puch maxi luxe

setup:

e50

expansion pipe

chrome are intake

12mm bing 62 jet, needle at second clip from top

Tops out at 30mph (edited)

Re: Best low maintenance carb for puch maxi?

ENCARWI

You could get a 14 or 15 bing. Just make sure you are running the right slide and atomizer. That should give you more flow and give better performance.

How do I know if i have the right atomizer?

Probably Fred /

14mm bing, #222 atomizer, About 68-72 jet

yeah. what they said. 14/15 bing, 15 intake, and match the intake to your cylinder. make sure you have the right needle too, some have 1 little notch, others have 2.

you should be able to score a 14mm on the buy sell forum for not too much.

also, while you are matching that intake, match your exhaust, and widen the port a little. stay at least 1mm away from the ring stops. widening the exhaust port works wonders on stock cyls.

"Like"

15mm amal rips.

if u get a 14, get a 14 intake too. having a bigger intake tan your carb is gonna loose you some rippage.

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

bing and done.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account