I'm 1.8mm BTDC

So I set my tomos a35 at 1.8 mm Btdc. With the 70 cc kit hi comp head and shity techno bullet exhaust that comes with the kit. In order to get at 1.8 Btdc I had to come close to fully advacing my stock Cdi what do you guys think about this setting?

Re: I'm 1.8mm BTDC

I think you should ride it and then report back after you seize your kit

Christian Giron /

It'll blow up. I'm not kidding.

you can use the puch ignition chart since stroke/everything is the same. but yea 1.8 = bye bye.

Yeah I had a feeling it was running to hot I only did it because Fred's guid to timing said that was a good setting. So how fare should I set it before TDC?

Overpriced Parts /

Kits need low timing like 1.1 if running a ignition without a curve.

The best way for timing is to use a timing light and time at 16-17 degrees or mm before top dead center on the flywheel .

If your trail tech temp gauge is running less then 400 degrees @ WOT then your ok.

I start out at 16degrees then add timing if running cool

My bikes vary from 15.5 to 17 degrees and run cool enough for 100 degree days

Many kits run faster with 18 + degrees timing but run hot so set timing for the highest you can and still run cool

Yeah I was told my 2000 tomos a35 did have a curve in the Cdi but I don't have a temp gage yet and it does seem hot

I'm 26 M4M

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

I run mine at 377deg's to 379deg's BTDC.

Crazy Wayne Rocks U suck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I run mine at 377deg's to 379deg's BTDC.

You are so ahead of the times!

What does that come out to in mm with a 70 cc kit. I guess I need to get a deg's wheel

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

This is for Puchs, but it's the same on a Tomos...

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Ignition_Timing_Chart_for_Puch

Thanks man. This site is great. But any one else got any thing they think I should know love to hear it, like I said before I don't have a temp gage yet and won't for a week or two so I'm a little blind and still a little new.

Do things change on the timing chart if you have a kit? I'm looking at it right now and its talking about stock bikes.

Dud you need to stop eating the lead pant chips.

Yeah I realized it was dumb after I posted cause the crank doesnt change. And I also know your prob one of the the best people on here to get advice from but ya don't have to shit on me for asking something dumb, but I'll gladly deal with it as long as you keep giving me advice.

Yeah stop eating lead pants!

K what ever man I get it im a dip shit you fucking rule and shit mopeds that are faster then a Ducati.

He was making fun of wayne for for spelling "paint" wrong. lead paint vs lead pants....

I know I just talked to him it's cool

iskra cdi's auto retard, you want as much advance as possible, the ducati cdi's rev higher but only came on one year.

points FTW!

Lead pants will poison you faster than lead pant, AKA hes a dumb lead pencil sucker

how do you even know what time is? it's invisible....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account