Bosch H2O Aux. Pumps?

Putting together a Peugeot 70cc H2O motor and wanted to see what Model of Bosch water pumps you guys have found to work. What Model of car and year that you are using.

Re: Bosch H2O Aux. Pumps?

Thanks Jake, I was so hoping someone else was going to post what I had already searched for. Wanted to see if anyone else had input into other water pumps that they have used. Not totally set on a Bosch, but they do have the reputation for great parts.

Christophe is the guy to talk to about peugeots and water pumps. Pretty cool guy and he's in california like us.

http://tomahawktuning.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/bumble-bee-the-fast-and-ugly/

Mike Piarowski /

You could just run the polini water pump.

Bosch works well, I had mechanical pump for a bit but the bosch is easier and more versatile in it's mounting location. I've been running the same pump since 2008 or so without any problems with it.

-naz

Thanks you guys. Ordered a Bosch pump, should be here in a few days.

naz- did you have to run a rectifier or will the pump accept AC and DC?

not a Baron Asshole /

I can tell you it moves far too much water and is way larger than it has to be its designed for a water to air intercooler(which i have 2 of on my cars) and something smaller and lighter would be fine, the GPM is easily 10 times too much! for such a small application and thermal necessity.

Pete

Yea the flow is big. They run on DC so you have to rectify

Flow is dependent on setup, the pump will flow based on the pressure drop of the system. If your concerned with to much flow you can use a orifice to increase the pressure drop in the circuit. Same applies to the radiator if you concerned with to much surface area, just increase the pressure drop in the system and the heat rejection will drop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_drop

Bosch pump flows @ 1.45 psi or 3.3 foot of head, 6.9 GPM at a full 12V of power the same pump will flow @ 4.35 psi or 9.8 foot of head, 2.4 GPM. This will also change with coolant temperature and type of coolant.

I've used the same pump on a 50cc water cooled engine and it easily reaches operating temp and has given me very reliable cooling with the appropriate radiator.

-naz

So you are running 2-3 gpm threw your radiator ? any thermostat or restricting orfice or just wide oped operation ? What radiator ? At what voltage ?

^I'm also interested

The answer is, I don't bother, I've been using a GPR50 radiator on the bike which has a fairly small inlet and outlet (1/2"). Before that radiator I used a KTM50 radiator which worked fine until I swapped out the phbg 19 for the TM24 on the motor. With that modification it wouldn't reject the heat fast enough and would sometimes kick out some coolant, so I went with the larger GPR50 radiator.

-naz

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account