please help me tune dellorto phbg carb

i have a a55 engine with a Kstar 70cc kit w/ reeds. weakends intake with 19mm dellorto phbg carb. i also am running the MLM St ripper pipe. The needle is set second from the top. I down jetted the idol jet to a 45 and the main jet to a 90. The bike starts and idols well with the choke up but when i drop the choke or give it a little throttle it bogs and dies.

Originally this thing used to rip with a 50 idol jet and a 98 main jet but then i up graded to the pipe and i have no low end but top end was blasting like crazy.

Can any of you dudes help a broth out???

Thanks and be nice...haha

Re: please help me tune dellorto phbg carb

:(. Use the wiki

A55s seem to be VERY picky about the Idle Mix screw position. Just as Jason Sumpter said... ":(. Use the wiki"... it contains things like a PHBG Tuning Manual

I can help a broth out. I would add water to reduce some of the saltiness of the broth and increase soup yields.

I have a similar setup and 90 was way too big for me. Try going down some jets and see if that helps ya out. And don't add water to your broth, you will just end up adding more salt later.

The broth is just fine, nice and salty! I'm down to an 85 now and it is running better. Thanks for the help. Who's Ridin to Ann harbor this weekend so we can blast out there?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account