78 Batavus Starflite Carb Question

Could I put a 58 jet (30mph) version jet from like mopedjunkyard.com in my 25mph version Bat with the Encarwi carb? I'm looking to do small easy performance enhancements to start off. I can hit 30 with a good backwind, but I need more speed riding flat land. Low end is good with the bike.

I'd appreciate any and all tips for getting a Bat to run faster.

Re: 78 Batavus Starflite Carb Question

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

♣Slew Foot♣ /

more, more, more....

just adding about three inches onto the expansion chamber will give it a 3 mph boost but it is noticable when the pipe hits hard on downhills and opens up.

The_Death_Rattle.jpg
5242719305_30c6831880.jpg
1251380552_img_1308.jpg

Would either one of you guys know how to remove the crank arms off the bike too? I don't want to go fucking around the pin bolt thing without knowng what im doing. The muffler side crank is like bent in slightly or something because it always rubs my exhaust. Any ideas?

I want to switch the cranks or something but idk how to safely remove them

How do you add the three inches? I'm not sure I understand

♣Slew Foot♣ /

my expansion chamber pipe was getting pedal ground to the point it failed,the pedal hitting is actually the exhaust bracket misaligned and too far up on the header BTW.

so when the muffler shop seen the deal, they cut an indian header i had into the three inch long extended lead into the expansion chamber.

the korean guy who banged it up, made a dimple and put a small air hole in the dimple. 180 degrees from port. was a master i bet he did quite a few small cc two strokes before.

when he was done it looked like a techno hunterish shape and angle. he was into it, he lit up when the boss told him to set me up.

when its daylight out i can get better pics of it. it is off the bike. that pic was three years ago

DSCF0014.JPG

Huh thats cool. I actually have a second full stock pipe. Maybe I could get a 3inch piece taken out of that header and bring it to a shop and they could fit it right in between the header/silencer already on my bike. You think that'd work?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

the bat header pipe will fit in a tomos header pipe. i would not go rippin something not broke.

i used a section of indian header, cause it came with an expansion chamber i needed for my sachs. it had a flange fit not spigoet type so it was useless to me. therefore hackable. my expansion chamber has the pipe welded on to it. and is still removable from the original header.

I dig it. Yeah I wasnt planning on really fucking with the bike that much. just curious about future stuff for wheni get more confident

♣Slew Foot♣ /

pics

you see the set of dimples one is shallower than the other and that brassy area that is wedge shaped in the crevice that is bashed in pic 2 at the bottom of the wedge is the small 1/32 hole facing toward the head so it lets in airflow not exposing the hole to direct flow outward from the exhaust.

DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0006.JPG
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account