Racing Castor

Anybody in the greater Rochester area of NY know of a place that sells racing castor oil (like blendzall or klotz)? I know I can order online, but I don't really feel like it and I would rather give business to a local dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Racing Castor

Josh Cranston Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Anybody in the greater Rochester area of NY know

> of a place that sells racing castor oil (like

> blendzall or klotz)? I know I can order online,

> but I don't really feel like it and I would rather

> give business to a local dealer.

>

> Thanks in advance.

DOes Castrol still make 30 wt Castro R?? Really smells great but serious sticky and a LOT of cleaning after using it!

I don't know honestly, never used it. I know the castor oil gums things up, but Im not worried. The oil is for a race engine that I basically tear down post-race anyway.

someone who has been there and done that will probably give you some so you can come to the same conclusion. It was used in four strokes more successfully like in 1916. I relived those days of yesteryear myself briefly but no more thank you

Flagrant - Wrote:

> someone who has been there and done that will

> probably give you some so you can come to the same

> conclusion. It was used in four strokes more

> successfully like in 1916. I relived those days

> of yesteryear myself briefly but no more thank you

I can't really tell what you are getting at, but ok.

derbeez ryderz /

Supposedly blendzall gold label will add more hp. Its made to mix the whole bottle to 1 gal because its mostly additive. The bottle says its an octane booster made for hi compression ratios. A kart guy told me it has nitro methanne in it and thats why its banned from their racing. I know from being around vintage flattrackers it does smell good but it gums up and leaves carbon over everything.

Huh, I was wondering what the "octane booster" actually was. If it is indeed nitro-methane I don't think I can use it for the races Im doing.

Unless there are some hard core racers being sponsored in your area then you would likely have to buy it online. A lot of that market is gobbled up by synthetics because they are micro sponsoring a lot of racers and the companies are getting a lot of freebe advertising by wannabes as well.

NEMA Victor (3 Knees Down) /

Josh, you can buy a shot of Amsoil saber from me on the track, 100:1 $3 bucks a shot per gallon.

Christian Giron /

I use maxima 927 on my bikes. I bought it at the local power sports dealer.

Flagrant - Wrote:

> someone who has been there and done that will

> probably give you some so you can come to the same

> conclusion. It was used in four strokes more

> successfully like in 1916. I relived those days

> of yesteryear myself briefly but no more thank you

I use Castrol R30 in my 1025 CC Kawasaki Z1-R for AMA SUper Bike Racing in 1980! I have NEVER Worked so hard at cleaning up everything after a race. It only took 1 Daytona 200 to cure me! I had ZERO Engine problems but just too much work! FOr 2 strokes I used Golden Spectro and everything ALWAYS was clean and no issues! I still can smell the smell of Blendzall!!

NoISy BOyS KEV /

Josh,

I can pick you up a qt of klotz super.... pay me at the track. I have been running klotz super techniplate in my peds both on and off the track and I am here to tell you that its not as horrible as everyone says it is. Ya there is some carbon build up, but show me an engine that doesn't build carbon.

Kevin Whritenour Wrote:

> Josh,

> I can pick you up a qt of klotz super.... pay me

> at the track. I have been running klotz super

> techniplate in my peds both on and off the track

> and I am here to tell you that its not as horrible

> as everyone says it is. Ya there is some carbon

> build up, but show me an engine that doesn't build

> carbon.

Klotz is to Castrol R as Full Syn is to SA Rated Oil! Very good oil Protection (In this kind of Oil) for the least amount of worK

I just sent you a PM kevin. I ran Royal Purple full syn at the last race, did fine but I did have a slight bit of carbon buildup. It wasnt baked carbon though, so it just wiped off. I just want to give castor a try. Ive gotta tear the engine down after every race anyway so I could care less about cleaning stuff.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

We all have an opinion, however I used Maxima 927 synthetic castor for 12+ years with no gumming probs & it smells good, too.

Mattology used it too & said he liked it. (edited)

Christian Giron /

^^ thats why I use the maxima 927 as well.

Mattology basically taught me everything I know about mopeds. He's one of the smartest guys I know.

maxima 927 kicks ass and smells delicious.

mixed 50/50 belray and straight castor. that shit separated in probably less than 10 hours.. FYI

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account