DR 70cc head to use?

Andrew Fadden /

Looking to mod my stock NC50 with a 70cc DR kit and trying to figure out what to do for a head on it. Anyone have suggestions? Appreciate the help.

Re: DR 70cc head to use?

factory. or mill factory

joseph caresio /

same problem, how much to mill? have a small head leak at bottom of cylinder there is a hole in the kit cylinder and head gasket but not in the stock head? tryed torquing retorquing, old and new gaskets, still have leak and only 90psi? should i use the copper head gasket spray?

pic is milled flat. or just use a piece of glass and 180 grit to re-flatten head. use gasket that came with kit. tap exhaust de-comp hole and put an allen headed set screw in there

moped2 004.JPG

that hole is for hobbit decomp. tap the hole and use a set screw to plug it

jeff cartwright /

i'd agree with the factory head... they dissapate heat much better.. i bought an athena high head for my urban and didnt gain much.. a little bit more low end on take off and higher temps... be careful.. i wasnt woth it.. i took it back off and gained back the 2-3 mph i lost.. (my experience anyway)

82 guru

mill it right to the fins huh? how far from the spark plug tip are you getting?

Andrew Fadden /

thanks I appreciate the help. My original stock was falling apart so I guess I'll replace with a new stock and mill it. I might have more questions. Newbie with the Hondas. Thanks!

Andrew Fadden /

Do I want a new head with a decomp or no? Sorry for more dumb questions.

jeff cartwright /

save some money and find a nice used one off the ad's on this site or ebay...i dont have the decomp on mine and have no issues.. u could always add it later if needed.. 4 bolt and its off..

like mentioned get some glue back sand paper and lay it flat on glass.. at the end u can go to 320 or 400 grit for the finial for a nice more polished look... or wetn dry 600 if u want to overkill..u may want to read up more on "checking squish band "as far as checking depth/pressure..

good luck..

82 guru

No you can just use a stock nc50 head and for more compression mill it down to the fins(or no head gasket to gain compression if it don't leak).you could use a head off na(express2),nu(urban express),or pa(hobbit with decomp).Wiki says puch heads will work by widening the bolt holes a little

I have some stock heads for nc50 if you want to pm me.Probly $15 shipped

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account