Treats av10/av7 cdi

Mike Piarowski /

The one that cost 75 bucks. I've heard nothing but bad things about the mvt cdi and that one is way cheaper. The wiki says the cdi box is very limiting. Does anyone have personal experience? I'm going for high reving set up

Re: Treats av10/av7 cdi

Upgrade to points!

Ed - Dead Possums /

Tomahawk guys say to use them so I'm going to go for it.

NEMA Victor (3 Knees Down) /

The cdi box is limiting, but there is word that there are some unlimited cdi boxes on ebay you can use in place. They are in the forums somewhere.

I have a Jog 90 box wired into mine...It seems to be working correctly, but I'm having carb issues ATM...there is a diagram on the wiki for MBK CDI that shows how to wire it. I also have a JOG 50 box to try out as well....if not...I'll upgrade to points...I have a spare NOVI complete if anyone needs em as well. My AV10 fires up with ease..just won't run on the main circuit due to a funky clone phbg.

Ed - Dead Possums /

Mike Piarowski /

Okay cool thanks guys. That cdi box is pretty cheap so I think I'll give it a shot

I was just informed that this CDI like no more than 1.3mm BTDC timing. Between 1.1mm and 1.3mm was was what I was told.

NEMA Victor (3 Knees Down) /

Edward Manhart Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This CDI box

That would be it

i like waffles /

i would red locktite the screws down on the inside that hold the coils and pickup down. and use some epoxy over the ground on the lighting coil. the screws have a nasty habit of vibrating lose then ya have yer coil slamming around inside and nothing good comes from this.

Victor Pagan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Edward Manhart Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > This CDI box

>

>

> That would be it

That's the one I have!! I also have a really pretty anodized blue one I got off someone here that might work well also.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account