Clutch for e50 GILA ?

Ed - Dead Possums /

What e50 clutches are you guys running on your Gila kits? How long are they lasting?

I have searched. All i'm finding is KTM and MK...

Not looking to mod for a ktm clutch, and it looks as if the "indestructible" MK clutch is not so indestructible after all.

I also found these clutches but they are kickstart(regulars are out of stock) Anyone know how to mod one of these to work? What kind of material would i need to glue to the backside?

Re: Clutch for e50 GILA ?

stock 2 shoe with kickstart springs

braced three shoe with cut up 2 shoe clutch arms.

roadent$ craig /

kickstart springs with redline D4

The clutch you linked is probably the best and most expensive you can buy.

KTM or a lightened braced Treats 3 shoe is next best.

Anyone know if you can just buy the HK kevlar pads to use on a 2 shoe?

Shane Antisocialite /

Kickstart springs are awesome, but if you don't brace the clutch they will warp your clutch to shit. The 3 shoes treats sells last me about a week or two before they deform and I have to pull them and grind on them. I think 2 shoe arms on 3 shoe clutch braced with kickstart springs is probably the best setup outside of KTM, though I've never tried that.

Salsa Salsa /

Search indistructable clutch

Ed - Dead Possums /

Cornbread why you no read??!

there is a non kickstert version of the hk clutch...

Ed - Dead Possums /

Yeah where? They were out of stock on that page

Ed - Dead Possums /

So there is no real solution, just keep replacing the clutch every month?

Weak.

roadent$ craig /

ktm isnt really an easy solution... sure it revs to the moon and back but getting a starting system is a headache worse than tuning a 2 shoe. i went back to my 2 shoe after fucking with a ktm.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

whilst we're talking about clutches, what was the advantage of the blue springs again?

Ed - Dead Possums /

To help make it engage later, but let's stick to the topic. 2 shoe or 3 shoe and how long are they lasting.

Makes me want to sell my brand new gila kit if the clutch isn't going to last a month.

Shane Antisocialite /

I daily drive my Gila e50 and have gone through about 4 clutches in 4 or 5000 miles. They are cheap, it is worth it. A braced oem Puch 3 shoe with kick start springs is the best relatively bolt on option. The 3 shoes treats sells have arms made of Chinese pot metal that deforms and is just terrible all around. I get a couple weeks out of them before dis assembly and grinding. I'd almost rather have a stock 2 shoe with better springs, but they warp.

The short answer is that there is no easy, maintenance free solution.

campeona del mundo /

stock 2 shoe + lightening + stiffer springs + atomic 2 shoe brace

Ed - Dead Possums /

Will, how long does that last you?

Benevolent Aroh /

Yes, how long will the two shoe last? If the clutch is tuned conservatively. Basically is there an option to have a clutch that is low maintenance and won't need to be replaced but once every year or so..

seems like the replacement clutches dont last long at all.

i have a three shoe stock clutch ive been running for 3-4yrs now

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account