pietcard for tomos

is there a pietcard cdi box that will work on a stock tomos cdi ignition. so i can get rid of the rev limiter? there is only 2 wires coming out of the stator 1 for ht coil 1 for lights.

Re: pietcard for tomos

im looking for this solution too.

treats has the ducati box, but its a 3 wire plug.

i've been running points with good results, but i've realized my spark is very weak.

have to run a plug gap of .020 because of high compression.

Maybe mopegan ed will chime in, he said he's seen the brown coil and I think the hi rpm e50 box rev to 13k on a tomos.

He says you'll need an e50 or za50 flywheel.

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

Get a treat set. They ain't too bad. Had mine for a few years.

^

that pic is of a 3055 coil(made for the hero puch) and the master ignitor cdi combo box. I ran out of movement on the ignition plate and .. went super speed but she end up scuffed on the exhaust side .. needed more curve maybe. (edited)

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

I have a whole setup from Ed. Secret stuff yepp

https://www.treatland.tv/pietcard-CDI-puch-015-red-counterclockwise-p/pietcard-cdi-015.htm

can't i just run my points flywheel?

i have the early 90's CEV points

The blue Ducati box works fantastically on an A55 Cdi.

one wire a55 or 2 wire?

The three wire A55 cdis

you mean the one with the pickup? sorry i should have just asked that.

Well, they seem to work intermittently. I've had them work on bikes and then I've had them run terrible. The issue I run into is that they made a couple of different flywheels for the A55 and they have different magnet flux patterns. So when you hook them up they either fire when the trigger first touches the pickup or after. You can switch the white and black pickup wires where they attach to the red and white on the ducati boxes and you have to sit there with a timing light to figure out when it works. The pickup does not move on the A55 case and the flywheel cannot be moved back and forth due to the goofy pin they use. So the timing ends up being static the whole way through once you get it working but that's the box. So it's not a fixit solution but it does work on certain ignitions. The other dumb thing is they have the same part numbers except the electric start flywheels. You can see a difference in the construction of the flywheels but they are listed the same. Whomp whomp.

i need it for an a35 cdi going on an a3 ed will that 3055 still work

well what magneto and what stator plate? I used the puch stuff on the tomos I had blasting.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account