FA50 Choke

Curtis Drolshagen /

Well boys when I am wot I seem to be chugging a bit, then when I open the choke all the way I speed up tremendously like from 20 top 27 range...don't know why this is happening I already tried dropping my needle position one slot... any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Re: FA50 Choke

You have an air leak. The choke is feeding it more gas allowing the bike to get the mix it needs.

Curtis Drolshagen /

How do I go about finding this said air leak?

First I would start by researching the endless threads on here that discuss that very problem. This is a problem that has been hashed to death.

Then begin by making sure things such as your intake and carb are properly tightened. Look for oil seeps coming from all the assorted gaskets on the engine such as the crank case and such. Then start the bike (with the choke off) and spray something like wd40 around the joints that would be likely to allow air in. When you hear a change in the motor you've likely found the culprit. Be methodical, take your time, and you'll get it straightened out eventually.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account