Moby build in progress

Re: Moby build in progress

i dig it but that headtube angle/triple tree plate is a cause for concern (edited)

pretty dope, but duuuude reinforce that bottom triple!

are you welding a crossbar onto it?

Lots of work left to do far from done just wanted some pointers

It was a concern to me too I am going to reinforce the tree, finish the weld on it. It's actually stretched out ten inches more. 8 in the front and 2 in the rear. The rear fender will have some reinforcement on the inside and it will get boxed where the seat was. I modded the rear swing to accept a larger tire. I'll throw up some more pics this weekend.

Dont just worry about the loading forces on the steering head, also check the offset, rake and trail of the front wheel and frame geometry. Bike looks nice like that but if you are going to ride it you would want to look at how the fork angle, length and offset will mess around with the ability to control the bike straight ahead and in corners.

But yeah - it looks like an awesome build so far!

I likes!! But that is gonna be good for straight lines only!!! Chopper!!!

I didnt end up doing the math I had an old biker who builds harleys do the measurements for me and give me measurements so I won't sacrifice in the way of handling. Im more than confident In his judgement on it. I did the stretch myself and mocked it to see where I was at with that's the photo I took after sanding it down and checking Clearence I dunno about the handle bars though I'm not sure they look right on it yet...

Ed - Dead Possums /

i don't think the bars look right, but get the seat mocked up and then you'll know for sure.

Yeah they have to be cut, the bars but I might make my own set and just paint them seat is being made today Going to try and put it all together sit on it get a level for shocks and the weld in the structural stuff so I don't have to do a brace between the neck and the bottom of the tank I don't think it would look right.

A long day...so I finished welding the rear swing arm fully the gussets for the front fork the rear fender and figured out shock relocation and was able to sit on it see where I could set up pegs. I'll throw up some pics hopefully tomorrow.

She is looking pretty nicely chopped

Thank you

I like it

Yeah I think it's coming along well. If you change one thing you have to change ten and I changed a lot haha coming to the end of fab though and everything will be on it for a final mock up before paint.

Man its looking good so far. I cant wait to see more of it!

She is looking goodly!

i wouldnt mess with the triple trees like that! you need to cut the tank and rake out the head tube instead of extending the triple tree.... and reenforce it like crazy! i really dont see it working like that for long though. and if that thing breaks.... DEAR GOD! face plant!

Thanks for your you input. I you could see how reinforced it is you wouldnt say that. I send you a picture of me riding it buttcheeks

also. it wont turn right... the triple trees have to line up right.... am i the only one that sees this?! look at any chopper out there.... i wasnt being an ass about it as you obvisouly think i am. but i guess some people have to learn the hard way.

First off Id like to say I'm glad I got one nay in there I would feel weird if I didn't get at least one. Second the gauge I used is 10 and is matches the original fork. not to mention the gussets I welded in for support. I also did my homework on my angles to not sacrifice on my ability to turn. I'm glad from pictures you can be so quick to judge, but I'm also glad cause I like to prove people wrong. I'll throw up a video of me riding it when I have it done :)

cool story bro.

Thanks

Dickheads aside I thought I would throw up an update. I love the way it's turning out, I had a picture in my head and it basically transferred to metal better than I expected. Everything but my seat which is my first an maybe my last.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/558454_2312840956050_1323419649_n.jpg?dl=1

She is still nice to look at!

I hear you Le " EASY RIDER" definitely different--in a good way!!!!

I got some more work done on the moby not sure how the foot rests will work out I went through to completely different setups for them before doing these. Let me know what you think.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/376604_2335438280969_1300906131_n.jpg?dl=1

I'm excited to see something built other than the typical "cafe" bikes. This has all the potential to be a really cool looking bike in the end. The triple tree does appear to be supported to hell but I might have to side with Tommy on this. The way the forks are cut with the head tube still straight- when you turn the bars, instead of the forks pivoting, it looks like the whole front end will sweep left and right. Put the bike up on a block and see what it does. I'm not trying to hate, just help.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account