Derbi 6 Roller vs. TJT

How are these variators different? I'm thinking of getting a TJT for my flat reed, but I'm not sure if it would really make a difference

Re: Derbi 6 Roller vs. TJT

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

you already have the best variator dude. derbi 6 roller is bigger and badder than a tjt.

I prefer the tjt over the derbi 6 roller at least on a derbi. The ramp is much more aggressive on the tjt. Try em both out and make your own decision. I find that with my high rpm pipe i really need the aggressive ramp the tjt offers... the derbi variator is super smooth but it does not slam like the tjt...

we best be cruisin' on flatreeds at your rally next weekend!

u can slap a tjt plate on it if u really want

using the tjt right now=me

(with dr sliders)

so many little variables depending on your setup/springs/weights

So, I got a six-roller from Doug from his parts DS50, and had his TJT to drill and tap some holes to mount the grease plate; they look almost identical. It really looks like the TJT is an exact copy of the Derbi six-roller.

when compared side by side there is a noticeable difference on the angle of the inner face

(at least with the ones I have)

seconded on what the above says

Ahh, well derp derp derp to me :)

fuck i just want to go home and play with my derbi all day

Let's do it!

Army had a half-day.

Yeah there is a definite difference!

This is great. Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to get my hands on a TJT.

tonight i was bored after our group ride so i put mhr red springs and the tjt on my bike. i'm definitely diggin it hard, the steeper cheek makes a huge difference. full speed ahead. i didnt clean up the casting or anything, works well. god its fun

the tjt is way more tittilating, but the stock is definitely for the chill dudes who want a smooth ride. at least after one night i can see one not being necessarily better than the other, its just depending on what you're going for.

I still prefer the TJT. the MHR red springs are about the only ones I can put on my derbi or hobbit clutch... anything beyond that (blues/blacks) are nearly impossible. I don't know how ya'll dudes do it. i've ridden 'em and they tear it up... but those springs are definitely not meant for the clutches we are putting them on. my derbi clutch DID have black MHR springs on it but after one snapped I inspected the holes that the springs attach to and they are elongated/slotted drastically because the springs were sooooo stiff they dug into the metal and wore 'em out.

i want to rebuild motors!

fucking miss derbi action and i've got enough for 2 got damnit.

yea fuck those were hard,luckily i had a strong-armed MM prospect to do the hard work for me!

one person used a pick and strong-armed the spring to the other hole and then I tapped it in enough so that he could release the pick without the spring falling off, then tapped it fully in.

sorry 4 da threadjak. you will definitely like the tjt. its an easy mod though 100 bucks of course..i had to get one for a second engine currently on the bench that came with no variator. rode in to work today and the acceleration is much more linear and direct with that and the red springs; though i think i am still very far off from a good tune.

also, i did not bother trying to use the Oring and cover plate off the stock unit, i dont see why there is any reason to anyway

if you can keep the grease guard, that is recommended

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account