DELL. 16.16 ON AN AV7?

I ORDERED A 15.15 FROM TREATS, BUT THEY ARE OUT AND HAVE OFFERED THE 16.16. HAS ANYONE USED THIS ON A STOCK, VARIATED AV7?

FEEDBACK? JET SIZE?

THANKS EVERYONE!

NV

Re: DELL. 16.16 ON AN AV7?

Stock AV7 will not be so happy on the bottom end with a single jet 16mm carb. Too much vacuum loss but great if you ride zero traffic and a lot of flat open roads. #72 jet work about the best.

If you get a pipe with good bottom end pull and port it slightly then it will run well but still have a bit of an issue off the line.

Thanks Reb. I put a 15.15 on a stock AV7, but I have only revved it on the stand. Hopefully that one is not too much. Is there a better carb for the stock av7? All of mine are variated....14.12 maybe?

I did not want to get too involved with pipes and porting. The only reason I moved to the dellorto is I figured 1 moby out of my 4 would be okay to stray a bit form original.

Thanks!

I ended up getting a mikuni vm16 for mine. I'll let you know how it goes..

i had excellent results with a 15 sha + 15 shorty intake, 68 jet at a mile high, stock otherwise. hits 39 mph, strong the whole way through.

YES - run the SHA 15:15 on a stock AV7 with the shorty 15 intake, usual jet in the 59-62 range depending on how dark you like your coffee. Index and then adjust the timing to 1,5mm BTDC and put some thought into derestricting the blunderbuss a little.

Above 15mm I feel you need to look at carbs with multiple circuits if you want to run strong through the full range.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

A 16/16 will work just fine but you need to change or mod the slide.

The plastic ones or crap.

Read and do a search next time before posting simple crap......

SHA info

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,2891329,2895993#msg-2895993

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,1826473,1826473#msg-1826473

Rebel, Vova, Elm - Thank you. I decided to wait for the 15.15.

Crazy - I did do a search, but the info I needed just did not show up. You seem to have all of the answers so next time I need some helpful advice from someone with your experience, I will search "condescending, know it all, who has too much time to look at simple questions". Im sure Ill find one of your answers already posted.

Thanks for the time saving tip!

NV

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account