hobbit + dio + trickmetric + weakends + tm24

does this swing out to the right of the ped or left?

also, what jetting is working for you guys?

did some searching. I was gunna start with a 10 idol and 160 range on the main. does that sound right?

going on a lightly ported DR with a circuit sidebleed.

Re: hobbit + dio + trickmetric + weakends + tm24

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Did you try doing a search to see what others have done?

No two bike setups tune in the same, it's up to you to tune it in.

i did. I've tuned VM, SHA and PHBG but not a TM yet

I found a starting point for a tm24 on a athena with a weakends pipe:

this is what i was referencing in that other post:

Jake P Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Here, try this:

> Needle, 5FL11

> needle jet, Stock

> main jet, 160

> Starter jet- ummmm, huh?

> idle jet 10

> Mixture screw- out 2 turns

I cant find anywhere whether that weakends intake shoots left or right.

I just routed my new sidebleed circuit stinger through the subframe and tucked the baffle under the seat like an undertail setup. if the weakends rides on the left i have to re route one of them. trying to get a head start on that and buy some jets before the rest of the parts get here

Joshua Copperpot /

It shoots out to the stator side.

Joshua Copperpot Wrote:

> It shoots out to the stator side.

SCORE! thanks dood

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

I just routed my new sidebleed circuit stinger through the subframe and tucked the baffle under the seat like an undertail setup.

pics please

Super quiet and it rips. The stinger is absorbing the flex from the shocks right now. I'll throw a ball joint or something on there soon

King Drunky JCams /

haha yes!

how did you figure where to put the center bleed? or did you just that looks good?

I always see them on the largest section

The leo vince doesnt have a straight swell section so I eye-balled the largest diameter i could identify and put it there

I LOVE that exhaust mod, nicely done!

So it was a treat filled afternoon and I got her running on the new carb. Fired right up and blasted to 59mph with a 170 main and 15 idol. Only got one run in before it was time to quit so tuning comes tomorrow.

Trickmetric's block is sweet. So nice it makes you wanna put the logo right side up on the gasket. Fit like a glove. The holes on the 4 petal were skewed a bit but that was an easy fix. I forgot to grab screws. Half of the dio screws are a little short for comfort.

I can never remember this shit for some reason. I'm running I think either a 180 or 190 main jet with a 12.5 or 15 idle. I believe it's a 12.5 idle and more than likely 180 main jet. I couldn't tell you where the needle is...I hate tm24's with a passion because of the slide. No air filter for the last...roughly thousand miles.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

That bike is fucking awesome.

King Drunky JCams /

Yepo. Jamie's intake is the fuckin shit.

Congrats on a rad bike.

Dude, ...you need mags..

Thanks doods. I want mags bad. I have mb5 forks and wheels. Definitely using the forks, but the wheels are super heavy.

the cable has jumped off the slide 4 or 5 times already because of about 1mm of slack in the cable. gunna have to do something about that in a hurry

and the carb sits pretty high in relation to the petcock. gunna order one of those mikuni vacuum pumps

LET ME KNOW how the vacuum pump works out for you. I have the exact same angle on mine and I dislike the airbubble I get in the fuel filter.

Your pedals aren't really usable are they?

Im running a 115 and a 120 jet in my OKO 24mm on a DR kit with leo scoot pipe, your running a 200+ ?!?!?!?!? wtf keihin and mikuni jets aren't that far different are they??? I am running a 'k&n' style filter, screen/mesh. Not a foam though. (edited)

The pedals aren't usable. Here's how I dealt with that. I got tired of the pedal slamming into my carb so I found this hole in the subframe and added a bolt and spacer as a stop.

I don't think there's a correlation between the jet numbers.

For some magical reason I lost spark. Basic troubleshooting didn't fix it (too lazy to pull out the tester) so its getting CDI sooner than planned. It will come from an express that I've head rev to the moon

Got it running well today. I think there's a 155 in there with a dry UNI. Still on the 15 idol.

In that last picture above you can see for the race this weekend I'm running a brass stinger tip that is crimped for a little back pressure. It works pretty good where it's at, but I may play with adjusting it tomorrow.

What the heck is with this back pressure trash. I hear its all the craze on 4cyls, 'They need back pressure' Tell that to my n/a 3in exhaust... and v8's 'dont need it' 'they need to breathe'

Does anyone really know ?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Just a peeve of mine. cuz I gotta bigger jet

And pick up some solder, blowtorch, walmart bell brand bicycle cable pack, piece of wood, some nips, sharp screwdriver you can hammer on to cut the cables clean, acid to clean the end you want to solder - maybe not with new cables i hear.

Fix that throttle cable, I dont want you to trip it and get hurt, plus you said it was slipping out of its housing.

Let me know if you need further instructions!

You need a certain type of solder to adhere to the cables, and they have to be supra clean ( some sort of acid cleans them )

Youtube custom bike cables or something.

But I use some wood and make a knarp mold , then lay the cable in with a bunch of pieces of solder, then torch it. If it adheres, grind the rest to the desired shape <3

This bike was killing it at the track today. So fast and awesome!

runs like a champ on idol and at WOT but will not run in any of the mid throttle range. I have a funky rich needle in there so i'm ordering a 4DH7 and a mikuni pump today.

holy SHIT this things burns through gas fast.

can you post a pic of where the intake goes under the frame? wondering about clearances. what shocks are you running?

This bike is fast. I did laugh a little when you ran out of gas at the track. I thought you just forgot to fill up or something. Hilarious to find out that your ped gets the same mileage as a Suburban.

Salsa Salsa /

Haha. That sucked. Drained it. You could have won!

Emil Kniemel /

any video of these races?

Emil Kniemel Wrote:

> any video of these races?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account