Carb needle position problem...

Trevor Fladwood /

Here is my set up:

e50, 70cc Kstar - case matched, 15mm bing and intake, 82 jet, high flow filter, hi hi head, tecno circuit exhaust, not derescticted.

I start pretty well when cold, a few kicks max. When it is warm and I have the needle at full rich, it starts ok.. not easy, but maybe a 5-6 kicks, but it is too rich at 1/2-3/4 throttle and bogs down.

If I set the needle to 1 lower than full rich, it runs great all the way though the throttle, but is hard to start when warm. It sounds like I am not getting much gas, cause it won't even fire once most of the time. Eventually it gets going, but not until I am sweaty and pissed off.

Any thoughts on this dilemma? They would be much appreciated!

Re: Carb needle position problem...

Ed - Dead Possums /

Sounds like a timing issue.

jeff cartwright /

hey dude,

check your gas/ vacumm line and make sure there is no cracks.. also check your float for sticking or carb gaskets,jets in general...do a once over...

also check your plug maybe time for a change out? leak around the intake or carb? likely..just throwing out some ideas, it could be a few different things even a weak cdi/ pulse..

as always start with the absolute easiest stuff first, leaks,carb, vacumme,fuel lines, spark plug...

good luck, im sure someone else will chime in here with other ideas...

may even want to check compression worse case depending on mileage, year, mods, etc???

i would suggest trying to lean it out also on the needle to see if that helps..trying going 1 notch leaner and then adjust your air/fuel mixture.. sounds really rich if it starts that hard..

keep a diary of what you have done, tested, tried etc. it will only help you diagnose future issues and give you ideas as to whats going on...

82 guru

Trevor Fladwood /

Timing is solid.. 17 BTDC with timing light, which is right where it should be.

Overpriced Parts /

Try a lower jet maybe even a # 78 1 clip toward rich

When hot a bing powered bike needs to have the throttle opened when you kick it over Especially when the gas in the bowl gets hot.

Try a different slide.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account