I'm kinda lost

I have the 70cc alukit on with hi comp head and techno pipe stock carb and intake. Bike runs great but when I try to reach WOT basically once I get over 40mph the bike Boggs right down I've checked for air leaks don't have any and been through a number of jets. I haven't reset the timing but that shouldn't make the bike bog out right, if anything it would just run hot? I'm kinda lost any help would be great.

Re: I'm kinda lost

k, what does your plug tell you?

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

And i thought only Mr Ed cud talk.

Plug is saying its a little hot I think

Mike - Get back to me about that V1 clutch!

Sorry to jack, continue.

What size is your carb? 12mm or 15mm? What kind of filter are you running? Stock air box or high flow filter?

I am actually at the same point. Once I get to 42mph I still have throttle left but it just won't go. I have my stock air box still on, but with more holes cut in it. and an 80 jet. I am thinking about taking the air box off for more airflow. Might try that as well.

14-12 with a stock box. I mite rig something up cause it helped when I took off the black plastic cover got a 75 jet in there now.

jeff cartwright /

when it boggs down and u let off the throottle does it pop or similar? if so at high rpms your to lean..u may check into a cdi box that allows your rpms to go higher.. i think i bought mine off ebay by the name mrliquidator for 30.00.. it increases your rpm and curve of ignition...

do this first, do a plug chop.. wind it up to where it does that, (in a safe place) and turn off the kill switch... when stpped, with gloves Pull the plug and read what it says by color?? that will be great starting point...u could be to rich or lean at high rpms...go from there..just be careful, do it close to home with no traffic...your plug color wont lie... good luck man..

82 guru

Thanks

check fuel flow, check screen behind the banjo. also the screen at the end of the petcock. what kinda bike do you have? cdi or points?

Well maybe you can tell me I have a 2000 or 2002 tomos a35 targa lx I really dont know any thing about Cdi and points yet. I've only been mopeding for a few months now but I really have learns a shit load. But the next thing I need to teach myself is about Cdi, timing and the wiring.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account