PHBG needle question

Andy Pabstalaniec /

Peugeot 103 Malossi 70cc, 16mm phbg. I've been running it with the needle set at second from top (second leanest) for a few years and it was always too rich, so I finally put it to the leanest setting and this feels really solid. It's either a w7 or w9, can't remember (I know i should probably mention it, or know but I did this a couple days ago and can't remember). Is it ABSOLUTELY out of the question to set the needle at the leanest setting? When I'm 'riding the needle' it doesn't feel totally lean and when I pull the choke a tiny bit it will 4-stroke, so i'm not terribly far from the 4-stroke point. Thing is, when I shift it down to the second leanest spot, it 4 strokes like mad in the needle, takes forever to hit the power band and you're screwed on a hill. At the leanest setting it's fine.

Re: PHBG needle question

Overpriced Parts /

It's fine

In fact if it's still stroky on full lean clip you can go to a leaner needle

Just watch head temp gauge

Andy Pabstalaniec /

Sick. Thanks. My temps when in the pipe, blasting, are still in high 300s

Andy Pabstalaniec /

Actually they're getting to the high 300s a little early, like just around town. I also just re-set my timing so maybe I need to retard it a bit more.

Yeah needle goes where ever it works best for you

If you have to run that needle in the leanest setting, you could install a fatter needle to correct the problem, but if it runs well, let it be.

I just had to install a w17 at its leanest setting in a bike to get it to feel good in the low-mids.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account