jetting question for a mikuni?

ok I know that every moped and setup is different but what jet range will I need? it will be an e50 motor with a 70cc kstar, 18mm mikuni, it will have a stock pipe for now but I am planing on putting a nice pipe on it like a mlm or something. so what jet range will I need? and please dont say look in the tuning spread sheet because there are not many people running mikunis.

Re: jetting question for a mikuni?

Overpriced Parts /

With stock pipe don't even try to use a carb that big

ok well then I am putting on the pipe sooner then. but what jet range?

Joseph Gummer /

vm18's jet really small apparently. I am going through the same problem... The stock (main) jet is either a 70 or 80. you are probably going to to have to buy a range starting with the SMALLest treats sells. So basically 55-100. Also you are going to probably have to change the idle jet as the stock 30 is way too high. Probably a 15 is the way to go. good luck

if you're looking for numbers this may help.

I have a 70cc TCCD

Techno boss pipe

20 mm Mikuni.

I am currently at a 125-130 jet. and running a bit rich.

BUT I had problems getting performance out of this when taking off.

I had to upjet the idle jet on this one from a22.5 to a 25. And I might try the 27.5 next.

good luck

Yeah, the 18 does run small jets. I was running a VM16 on my last bike with a Proma GP, used a #80. So, when I went to my latest build, I went crazy with the mods, so I think, shit, Ill need like a 90+. NOPE, Ive got a 70 in it and its STILL just a tad rich. Weird let me tell you. And mine came with a stock #30 idle jet, which is way too rich, just like Joseph said. But none of this may apply to you, im at 50cc :) (edited)

kristopher maedke-russell /

70cc reed kit, boss pipe vm18 i'm jetted 15 idle 85 main (i think, might even be an 80). i still chop rich.

jeff cartwright /

put the pipe on and then tune it from reading your spark color..dont waste time guessing, run it and see what your motor tells you.. short runs..of course... good luck man...

you will need between a 60 and 80. Get them all!

Shane Antisocialite /

175 in my hogged out Gila with MLM pipe. Temps around 380

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account