PUCH NEWPORT II UPGRADE QUESTIONS

HEY I HAD A FEW QUESTIONS REGARDING A FEW ADDITIONS I HAD JUST MADE ON A LIKE-NEW PUCH NEWPORT 2. ITS GOT A ZA50 WITH A K STAR 50CC CYLINDER JUG, 50CC HI HI COMP HEAD, 15MM BING (PROPERLY JETTED)---AIRBOX FOR NOW----( BUT I ALSO HAVE A HIGH FLOW BUT KEPT THE STOCK BOX BECAUSE OF THE SIDE PANEL CLEARANCE)---,AND FINALLY A TECHNO CIRCUIT PIPE. THE BIKE IS IN AMAZING CONDITION BUT I WANTED TO HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT TO EXPECT MY SPEED INCREASE TO BE COMPARED TO THE STOCK VERSION OF THE BIKE BEFORE I PICK IT UP THANKS!

Re: PUCH NEWPORT II UPGRADE QUESTIONS

anyone?

Overpriced Parts /

WHY ARE YOU YELLING

right, well my bad on the CAPS, is that why im not getting any hits or did you have something else to say? Just wanted some input

Overpriced Parts /

What you say makes no sense

You did the work/up grades aready (though I'm sure your using stock bushed crank, stock too advanced for a kit timing, squish not set on head, stock too low for a kit gearing, 2nd gear clutch not flipped and pucks not replaced in your engine, prolly not case matched, and not broke in for 300 miles)

So just run it and let us know how it performs and how long it will last cause with all the things that were not done or done wrong when you or whoever kitted your bike I can't tell you .

See so many people want to kit their bike but you got to engineer the whole thing not just slap a kit/pipe on it

Ed - Dead Possums /

So what should i do first? i get the stock bushings might fail with this kit now do i need a new crank? When you say setting the squish what does that mean? does it have something to do with in between the hihi and cylinder? When/what should i set gearing to ideally? I am so new to this i know about breaking it in but are you warning me it will probably fail before 300mi? Case match? clutch flipping having to do with 2nd gear how? higher tensions springs too? timing too advanced? Like i need to reset less than full advance? im am soo lost HELP!!! (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Ya it's a lot easier then it sounds but it sounds like your gonna ride a janked ped for a while with comprised performance.

The best thing to do for now is get a trail tech head temp gauge and ride slow moped speeds and back off when temps go to 400 degrees then each

Day work on something like timing, regearing, jetting/ tuning

I hope you don't have a 1hp restricted za50 then your screwed

Thanks alot ken/mike that helped, Im still wondering though which of these problems will have the most detrimental affect on the bikes overall performance. I rode it yesterday and the head is separated from the cylinder with a gasket (thin), so idk how this could help overheating or anything at all after reading your links. it is a 2 hp so it picks up well starts great, and runs fast. Im hitting around 45-48 mph with it but it there is a brief pause at what i thought to be the "top speed" (37-38mph) and then it all of the sudden picks up even more and jolts me up to (45+) Im not sure how to tell symptoms of overheating by feeling or sound but ill look into one of those readers temp for it while i ride.

Overpriced Parts /

48 mph with a 50 cc kit and stock gearing?

Video with gps please

im waiting to see proof of this as well

yeah sure but does anyone have anything else to say? I was kinda aiming for an idea of what i should expect to possibly fail first or anything i should watch out for. If you guys think the mph is too high it might be, i just am new an troubleshooting so ill see about getting a video up to give you a better idea of what im dealing with

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account