So, to start off many of you read my thread about how one of my Baretta 38s blew up.
If not the thread is here and you can read it.
This is the perpetrating head gasket.
Pieces in the con rod big end.
Luckily I have a stock Minarelli roller crank sitting around so I figure it is a sign that I need to build it bigger. The only problem is that the left hand thread on the roller crank is screwed up from me, so a die is on the way to fix it up. It will also be receiving a new needle bearing.
So, onto the fun part. I was thinking, how can I make this bike way faster and do something a little different. Sadly what I came up with has actually already been done. So I am not going to take full credit for the idea.
This is actually where most of my inspiration comes from. I'm going to be doing the same general thing in that I am going create an adapter to run reeds on the Polini I currently have. Boost porting will also be in order.
As for right now I have been working on improving the ports. So far I had re-done my case matching now that the case halves are apart. Also on the bottom of the Polini transfers there is about a 2-3mm ridge. I didn't like that so I knife edged it to match the case.
Lots of porting and smoothing
Possibly some crazy gearing (that's for later)
Leo Vince pipe
Milled head for high comp
Anyway here are some photos and I hope to keep you all up to date on how this goes.
the right was my first case matching when it was together. I didn't care too much as you can see.
that's all for now