what pipe should I use on my 70cc k-star?!

I currently have a salty proma circuit on my 70cc k star and I wanted to upgrade my pipe. was gonna switch out my 17 bing for a vm20 but wasn't sure about the pipe. just want some suggestions! k thanks.

Re: what pipe should I use on my 70cc k-star?!

Overpriced Parts /

Depends on your setup. Here is how I look at it Stock bushed crank, stock ignition stay with a circuit/estroil type pipe.

Needle bearing crank, curve ignition any hi rpm pipe.

You can use a static no curve ignition for hi rpm but it may be hard to keep cool and it's a comprise Cause those kits like 18-20 degrees of timing but to keep them cool 16-17 degrees of timing works better so your throwing heat and power into the pipe .

If you had a curve ignition you can have 18-20 degrees of timing then lower timing at hi rpm for cool running. Most auto, newer motorcycles/mopeds have a cdi with a curve

Treats pipe.

if you want torque, stick with the proma

if you want top speed, get a custom pipe from mlm, motomatic, or weakends

I was thinking treats or mlm. but idk what mlm would fit on a kstarred magnum. my magnum xk is gonna be a city bike but I'd like some speed. thanks fellas. (edited)

Weakends ain't a top speed pipe. Side bleed gives brutal power in the band, but the tuned length is fucking huge on mine.

I'd say stick with that pipe and swap out your gears if you want more up top. Yourgonnablowyourshitupson.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account