derbi head on a dr kit for hobbit?

has anyone run a derbi head on there hobbit to keep down tremps? i have a dr kit what would work with that kit

Re: derbi head on a dr kit for hobbit?

https://www.treatland.tv/derbi-47mm-custom-bore-head-p/moped-factory-derbi-head.htm

Graham makes it

but you got to fix whats going on, your timings off or you have an airleak or jetted incorrectly

Check for airleaks first, get your timing situated, then jet I suppose.

i went from a 96 to a 94 main jet with no difference

puch heads can be modified to work I recently learned. stud hole reaming is involved.

they have more cooling fins than a hobbit head.

you're best off with the 'big fatty' head from 1977's, as long as you dont mind loosing decomp.

to fit a 47mm derbi head you need to get the aftermarket 47mm head, the standard derbi head has the decomp passage too close to the chamber. If you do go the derbi route you have to drill out the stud holes and use a relocator shim thingy that i make. I have a few if you want to email me.

some people drill the holes out huge and stack up washers, maybe it works, i dunno, seems kinda janky to me.

also depending on the kit piston, the derbi heads are designed for a flat top piston, if your piston has too much crown on it, better check your squish because it will be off...

gotta run to class, email me if you have specific questions.

ian van opijnen /

shane whats your timing and compression at?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account