Hobbit Pipes Weakends vs MLM Ripper vs MLM Sidebleed vs Proma Sidebleed

BL∀CK PLAGUE Ariel /

So many pipes to choose from, I've got the weak-ends pipe and i love it paired up with my polini kit. just wondering if any of you have had the opportunity to test any of these pipes side by side.

i've got hobbit buddies who would likely buy my pipe if i were to sell it but there are so many options now.

I hear the MLM ST Ripper is a hard pipe to get into bc it hits super high and you'd have to be running cdi and UBER-high rpm's for it to even be useful, correct me if i'm wrong.

I've been looking at the MLM sidebleeds, there are 2 options the peoples pipe and the devin edition. . .

Then there are people experimenting with sidebleeding the proma's

oh man oh man, so many options! anybody out there care to weigh in?

Re: Hobbit Pipes Weakends vs MLM Ripper vs MLM Sidebleed vs Proma Sidebleed

sorry to post twice but i adore the leo vince hobbit pipes and thin they rule.

Yea. Leo vince has a couple pipes for Vespa that look like they could bolt up real nicely to a hobbit.

random ? do you know what the leo vance hobbit pipe goes for? i know a guy squirlling away 3 brand new ones in his basement

probably $100 or so.

the vespa simonini calibratta pipe bolts up fairly quickly to hobbits. the rear mount bolts right up and then you just have to make/fashion a header flange.

as far as the st. ripper goes... my buddy has one with an athena kit, HPI, tjt... even with the lightest weights (that we are comfortable putting in there --- 9g...12g) it still falls out of the powerband of the pipe almost immediately. for a pipe that supposedly needs RPMS and light weights "and the kit to back it up"... it needs way more than we were willing to give it. it is still a 60mph bike with a huge 300lb dude on it but it still does not perform as it should. he eventually went back to the weak-ends pipe. if you are interested in the st. ripper pipe i'm sure I could get him to sell it to you as it's just sitting collecting dust. (edited)

I've seen all of those pipes in action.

"Devon's" sidebleed rips. I tested it on a Athena, TJT, HPI setup, and it's probably one of the faster hobbits I've ridden. Probably topped out close to mid sixties.

I've like the value and performance from the the people's pipe, can't beat the quality for the price.

I've also had some experience with the leo pipe, and the vespa calibratta pipe. I used to run the leo for a long time, great overall performance, i took this pipe all the way to 58mph. Good luck finding this pipe. The vespa calibratta is an awesome pipe too, i used Chad Burke's CNC'd hobbit flange and made it easier for me to weld up.

i know it's a shameless plug, but: i have a leo vince and i'm looking to try something else. pulls wheelies easy with my dr kit.

Emil Kniemel /

anyone know the difference between the peoples pipe and the devin sidebleed? i thought they were the same.

They are two totally different pipes, despite both having a side bleed exit.

The "devon" pipe is larger, and has more pieces with a larger dwell section.

hi wes!

Ryan Nash, Waddup.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account