maloosi gears on nu-50 (dont fit)

jeff cartwright /

guys,

i just got these gears for my 82 urban, but the big ring gear is about .003 thousanths too big..i had to use a puller to get the old gear off, but the new one slides all the way on!! and off course it wont work that way, it has to drive the variator shaft...as it is it just spins freewheel on the shaft where its suppose to be...

Anybody seen this? or am i the unlucky duck?

shaft sizeis .592

new gear diameter is .596 = or - a thousanth

old original gear is .589 so u can see it had to squeeze close to .003 on the press...any ideas or ? not sure if u can weld the gears together or not?

thanks

Re: maloosi gears on nu-50 (dont fit)

jeff cartwright /

can some of you that have access measure your shaft size? with the case opened up its the center shaft (of 3) total inside. the end is just shy of what the size is where the gear actually sits ( because its pressed on)..

- also let me hear your experiences since the change.. i noticed the ring gear has the same amount of teeth as the old one.. but the variator shaft has 2 more teeth (taller gear)..any input is good..

anyone know if these gears could be welded??? i have treats checking to see if i got a reject gear or because its an iowa urban express????

i really cant wait to get this thing going, its been torn down doing mods for 2 months...gears, vaiators, cluch, weights, big bore kit, intake changes etc.. its time to ride......

I welded mine as did no-ped steve. I helped put a set in a friends bike and he lucked out with a press fit, both mine and his were 1982 nu50 motors:/

:)

malossi gears 015.JPG

jeff cartwright /

kevin,

where did u weld them at? the back side of the counter gear or on the face side, welding the two gears together?

thanks

jeff cartwright /

kevin,

thanks, thats exactly what i had in mind..

it works and has for some time now.

malossi gears 019.JPG

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account