Motobecane Mods

I have a 50V Motobecane and i want it to go faster.... is there anything i can change that wont cost any money? like modifying the variator, muffler, or transmission?

Re: Motobecane Mods

Russell Huddy /

Use the search function and read the wiki

check out Rebel's pipe derestricting on mabecane web sight, and the mild port job in the wiki, and ditch the gurtner carb.

i working on the same bike right now a sha 15.15 carb has me doing 35-40, the exhaust mod seems like a pain because of the math and welding and all that mess so im about to go with a sim pipe ill let you know what happens with that. i understand you dont want to spend money but you gotta know in life you get what you pay for, and when you pay nothing....

You can derestrict the exhause and give the entire bike a maintenance check and service.

http://mabecanemobylette.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1394

You can also shave a little off the movable cheek on the variator.

If you have hills and traffic you can convert a 4 ball variator to two balls, but if you have a 3 ball set up then you need to get a 2 ball or 4 ball cage so the balls can be 180 degrees from each other or you go through engine bearings fast, but the 2 or 4 ball cage is not free.

Actually not much else you can do for free for BIG gains. Least expensive is to get the SHA15:15 and 15mm shorty intake, derestrict the pipe and get a cage if you have traffic.

ALWAYS invest in the clutch/cam puller tool if you are a Moby owner

It's funny how every day I look on this forum there is somebody asking the same question. It is a little entertaining to read but yeah... use the search!!!

It is easier sometimes to just answer the question then to explain how to click on Search and explain how to type a key word or two into the box and click on the Search button... specially when someone will come back with "I searched for the answer but did not find it"

Mick Baltards Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's funny how every day I look on this forum

> there is somebody asking the same question. It is

> a little entertaining to read but yeah... use the

> search!!!

We should really just compile a new entry in the wiki that answers this question. I know all the info is there, in separate entries, but if it was in one entry then every time this question is asked somone coudld just cut & paste it as an answer instead of having to re-type the whole shebang.

so i've got a av10 with case reeds and a 19mm dellorto with a 105 main jet and a very restrictive air filter that ends up leaking gas sometimes when im riding . it will happen every time i take it out . any ideas why?

That is why I have posted so many links to Mabecane Forum.. partially because I know where what is resident there, but mainly because I am so terrible at trying to use the wiki that I have this deep fear that I will blow it up if I try to post anything there again.

Nick Schroetter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We should really just compile a new entry in the

> wiki that answers this question. I know all the

> info is there, in separate entries, but if it was

> in one entry then every time this question is

> asked somone coudld just cut & paste it as an

> answer instead of having to re-type the whole

> shebang.

ive read the wiki many a time as far as the performance tuning goes and i havent found anything on gas leaking from my intake side of my carb. ive tried down jetting as far as a 92 and it was still leaking, i think it has to do with the reeds but the reed section doesnt really have that much info .so what should i read

reeds not closing, prob

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account