pug vs puch

matt madden /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i have a question- sorry it's wordy

1st ped i bought was a '78 pug 103 lvs-u3 (the fast one) i got it running, derestricted the pipe, replaced the gurtner carb with the treats sha party (dellorto 15.15 and the mallossi 15 intake), pulled all but one screen out of the air filter, replaced the petcock, derusted the tank, went to 3 balls on the variator, shaved about 10 grams off the stock 56 gram variator weights. 3400 miles on the clock

it runs okay but climbs at about 15 mph and tops out at 32 mph

2nd ped i bought was a '76 puch maxi vintage model. got it running, cleaned the stock carb (bing), timing is stock, points are stock, everything is stock. 330 miles on the clock

it runs good, climbs at about 15 mph and tops out at 25 mph

from what i've learned here in the vast knowledgebase of MA the pug should be ripping the puch but it's not...any suggestions? bad seals on the crank? variator is shot? need a new belt? i'm stumped and wondering...anyone,anyone?

fwiw...i want to keep them looking stock...just want some sleepers that are nice and clean

thx

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account