unrestricting a sweet puch magnum 2

Erik Kovac (NJ) /

I finally go the magnum running and it does a sweet 28 but im conflicted.

I see so many people do cool things to the magnums but mine is so clean stock its not funny. is there a good way to derestrict the 1.5 horse power magnum? thanks

Re: unrestricting a sweet puch magnum 2

I'm fairly certain the only difference between the 1.5 and 2 hp are the intakes and head gasket size. 1.5 had thicker head gasket, 12 mm intake; 2 hp had thinner head gasket, 14 mm intake.

There are plenty of performance options that you can try that won't change the stock look (drill out carb/intake; port cylinder; remove head gasket for more compression). Search the forums. (edited)

Erik Kovac (NJ) /

great ideas! i will try to take off the head gasket. also, the pipe looks like it is restricted, does anyone know about this?

That's just a baffle in there. Leave it in or buy an exhaust like a biturbo, boss, or circuit pipe.

Erik Kovac (NJ) /

i know all about performance increasing parts, just wanted to know if someone on here knows about the restrictions on a magnum 2

Probably Fred /

You got to lose the stock pipe and get a performance pipe or chamber.

A two stroke needs a expandsion chamber

More in More out. Very simple designed "air pump"

Erik Kovac (NJ) /

i see, so generally speaking, the stock pipe is not restricted? I will remove the head gasket, it does look really thick, and then see how that changes things.

the stock pipe does restrict air flow.. from the pump (cylinder)

Buy a biturbo and call it a day. Remember to upjet! (edited)

Probably Fred /

Stock pipe sucks

Get a Estroil and bend it to fit your angle exhaust port

Michael Thomas /

IF you want to keep the stock look of the bike, pull out the header pipe and drill four holes in the pipe, I am thinking 5/8" two up near the top and two near the bottom and replace. Get a 14mm carb and intake and upjet to 64-66, nylon over the air intake on the carb. Mine does about 33-35 with this setup.

eric, not sure if the magnum is the same but i'm thinking of doing this to the maxi...still stock on mine

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Derestricting_a_Puch_Maxi_exhaust

Does anyone know if a Magnum pipe can be derestircted like the Maxi exhaust tutorial from the wiki?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account