Baretta Gearing

Alex Steffenson /

So I checked out my Baretta Minisport XL and it has 12 inch wheels, with a 12 tooth front and 24 tooth rear sprocket. I'm still working on modding it so I'm going to wait to change the gearing until I get my mods done. So far on the MO1 I've got a high flow filter, bigger jet in my 14.12 carb and a EV pipe. The only other thing I was going to get is an Athena intake from Treats and a 19mm carb. How much gain would I notice?

Re: Baretta Gearing

Overpriced Parts /

How would we know very few if us have that bike.

Be the first and post your results.

Darrell Gabbard /

not much on a factory jug, maybe 2mph until its ported to match the new intake and open the exhaust a little more.

I have a 22 rear you can have, I would also consider trading my 13 front for your 12 front...

Alex Steffenson /

That 13 front would help me slightly off the line correct? I'm kinda liking the idea of such a small rear, since the top speed will be pretty good. However I live near many hills and I can't get up a lot of them now. Bigger carb/intake and bigger front sprocket. Think that will give me a bit more low end...until I kit it that is?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

no, bigger rear sprocket or smaller front sprocket will help you

for that kinda bike (I have a magnum x), you should get a kit and just rock the pipe and a 15 or a 16 carb. itll toast off the line and get you some decent speeds.

the mag-x is a 2spd with 18x33 I think? I'm hazy on the last sprocket.

maybe get like a 30 sprocket for you?

Alex Steffenson /

Okay yeah thats right thats right. Now, are most sprockets interchangeable? Or does it depend on the rim you have and whatnot.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account