Baretta Gearing

Alex Steffenson /

So I checked out my Baretta Minisport XL and it has 12 inch wheels, with a 12 tooth front and 24 tooth rear sprocket. I'm still working on modding it so I'm going to wait to change the gearing until I get my mods done. So far on the MO1 I've got a high flow filter, bigger jet in my 14.12 carb and a EV pipe. The only other thing I was going to get is an Athena intake from Treats and a 19mm carb. How much gain would I notice?

Re: Baretta Gearing

Probably Fred /

How would we know very few if us have that bike.

Be the first and post your results.

Darrell Gabbard /

not much on a factory jug, maybe 2mph until its ported to match the new intake and open the exhaust a little more.

I have a 22 rear you can have, I would also consider trading my 13 front for your 12 front...

Alex Steffenson /

That 13 front would help me slightly off the line correct? I'm kinda liking the idea of such a small rear, since the top speed will be pretty good. However I live near many hills and I can't get up a lot of them now. Bigger carb/intake and bigger front sprocket. Think that will give me a bit more low end...until I kit it that is?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

no, bigger rear sprocket or smaller front sprocket will help you

for that kinda bike (I have a magnum x), you should get a kit and just rock the pipe and a 15 or a 16 carb. itll toast off the line and get you some decent speeds.

the mag-x is a 2spd with 18x33 I think? I'm hazy on the last sprocket.

maybe get like a 30 sprocket for you?

Alex Steffenson /

Okay yeah thats right thats right. Now, are most sprockets interchangeable? Or does it depend on the rim you have and whatnot.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account