Help me shim my Derbi piston port

So I totally forgot where these things go like a noob, someone has to know this though. I have these shims and this is the way I think they might go but I don't know for sure. The manual doesn't help a whole lot.

A is 16x25x1 mm

B is 16x25x1

C is 16x32x1.75

D is 16x32x3

E is 16x32x3

(edited)

Re: Help me shim my Derbi piston port

I just did the same thing recently. My solution when I found the manuals to be pretty hard to determine was to shave down a set of bearings so they slid in the cases without pressing and then just dummy fit the tranny back together. Moving shims around where they needed to be. Now I can't remember where they go but it's not hard to figure out.

remember the manaual sayd... or says.. you may or not have to remove a shim and as new bearings are made different then the old ones.

so measure both side of a straight edge and .. you have to a couple of math problems.

Yeah the dummy fit thing was how I came up with that configuration, I don't know why I didn't think to just measure it though. Nice idea Ed, Thanks guys.

im gonna have to do this soon too..such bad habits

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account