Kstar to Spigot Mount PHGB Intake options

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

There aren't very many options that are available to buy so I ended up making my own out of a puch pipe header.

I don't like it very much. Its not perfectly round so its difficult to get the spigot to seal around it. Besides I don't like having my carb facing forward.

So what are my options? Any ideas?

19mm carb btw.

Re: Kstar to Spigot Mount PHGB Intake options

If you get too close to the bend it isn't round. If you have the clamp on carb 3/4 copper plumbing pipe can go into it and then hose join the copper pipe stub to the header now intake

Huh?

I have the spigot mount carb

rad hose and clamps is the way IMO.

Yeah I know that much, I want something I can mount the carb facing the rear wheel. Or just not facing forward. I am thinking if I can find a right mounting pipe that is the right size I could get something working.

NoISy BOyS KEV /

I made my first intake out of an old toddler bike handlebar set... 19mm I.D.

get a small piece of flat steel, cut the flange, bore the hole, drill mount holes, weld your 90 on in any desired direction and blast.

If you dont want to make a flange you could just cut the one off your current intake. I'm always looking for new ways to build intakes... Here's my latest, It's part of a walker. 21mm I.D. $0.00 invested :)

whAT'S WITH THESPRING?

A Boy Named Britchez ... /

^Spring is, of course, a marvelous thing.

My favorite option is using a solo odyssey header as an intake. Lets the carb sit above the flywheel cover, and it's 19mm i.d. Bolts right on to puch intake stud spacing too.

Ohh I like the solo odyssey header idea. Any pics of it?

what is up with the spring?

My guess is the spring is for extra heat displacement?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account