19mm phbg help, clarification

willy um /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

e50, 65 metra kit, matched and lightly ported, proma circuit. hi-comp head, plug chop looks good, carb completely cleaned out and gas running clean from tank.

19 phbg, with polini hi flow filter.

i've read the phbg wiki stuff...but need a little help making sense of this all...

currently jetted at: main jet 90, idle jet 45 (common size on spreedsheet) choke is 60?

bike starts without using the choke, will only run if idle screw is all the way in(turned clockwise) needle clip at highest setting(lean if i'm reading the wiki correctly) and fuel mix all the way in as well. flush with the cab body.

idles so low that the back wheel doesn't spin unless throttled and once it warms up and i've ridden around a few minutes i've got to throttle it a little bit to keep it running.

if i back out the fuel mix, or idle screw the bike dies.

bike has good acceleration and doesn't lag when throttled...1/3 to wot is great, no problems. just idles really low.

any help would be great, i'm sure i'm just not understanding something simple. do i up or down jet from this point to get the carb idling enough to be able to use the fuel and idle mix screws full range of adjustment.

thanks-

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account