v1 90cc BRN kit advice

so after one particularly drunken night at the zeros shop I ordered this kit. now I have a few questions before I install it, I was reading some old posts and I believe there are two ways of making it work.

1 use ed's brass head shim?

2 or use a thick base gasket (2mm?) and run no head gasket as you would with say the polini?

anyone with some experience care to confirm or deny these allegations?

Re: v1 90cc BRN kit advice

Got a buddy that runs one of these. It's a serious fucking undertaking. You need a whole lot of carb and a whole lot of pipe this. Intake port is pretty small and can't be made a whole lot bigger. Whole thing shakes like a shoe in spin cycle too.

I gave a 21phbg for it and a nice pipe, I'm just curious about the spacing

What spacing are you talking about? squish?

Brn has one of the biggest intakes.. and can be made to 24mm, if I remmebre correctly.

Darrell Gabbard /

was there not a problem with the connecting rod length with one of the brn kits

.2mm... not much of a problem. you'll need the custom cut head. No, the copper heads gasket I have are not for the 51mm kits there for 48/47mm kits. (edited)

the kit comes with a nice head gasket, but yeah get the custom head or do it your self.

so the stock heads are to small for them?

v1 Head, brn '90"

IMG_0333.JPG

^ this bike ran the stock head with out a problem. 2 or 3 base gaskets. (edited)

go 24mm and don't look back when running that 51mm kit..

rule of thumb... its best when tuning for .. just the hell of it or so on.. (racing) .. carb must be half the size of the bore.

I would go with chopped intake and make sure you level the ports in the cylinder for crisp reving, some them are a little wee off a bit. graph paper will help to show what need tlc or just throw it together and blast that sob! back the timing off of it for sure. That is the mear cylinder with 24mm biturbo exhaust header as a intake and 24mm carburetor.

(edited)

Anchor Racing Todd (Larry) Rau Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> v1 Head, brn '90"

hmmmm and what did you do to make this work?

where did you get the 24mm intake? I just got the same kit and the largest intake i can find is on 1977 and its only a 21mm.. I have a 24mm mikuni carb for it and finding a 24mm intake is killing me.

"That is the mear cylinder with 24mm biturbo exhaust header as a intake and 24mm carburetor."

^^^^^^^^^^

and yes on that too..^^^^

someone mentioned "a few base gaskets" will this be necessarily with the 77mopeds 90cc head?

yeah. i had to use 3. piston will hit the head if you dont. just go to autozone or somewhere and pick up a sheet of gasket paper. its cheaper

ya thats kinda what I figured, the gasket paper and all, but if you used 3 gaskets how thick was that? were they say polini gaskets?

well?

no its just regular gasket paper from autozone. I think it was 1/16 in but not sure.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account