anybody ever cut out polini closed tranfers

So I got a 64cc polini on my cursed bravo and one of the cir clips (the good ones that you need those special pliers for) broke in half and cracked the bottom of the transfer all the way back to the skirt in almost a straight line. So what im thinking is cutting the transfers out and making them open like a stock puch cylinder. What kind of advise can I get on this

Re: anybody ever cut out polini closed tranfers

smooth it out and run it. i bet it wont affect anything. maybe new rings and/or piston.

open transfers would jsut increase volume. (edited)

Thats what I wanted to hear. This ped is the devil

Yeah, don't cut them out. They help direct flow toward the center of the cylinder at bdc.

Well right now its trash so if I can cut it out and save 150 bucks I think ill cut them out

Just file the gouge down/sand it out.

- Summerai - Drew /

Do it! Experimenting fucking rules.

It didnt gouge it it cracked the bottom of the transfer all the way back to the cut out in the cylinder skirt

Take just one side out and run it for kicks. Mistakes can sometimes open up new discoveries. Nothing to lose

i have take them out of other kits and they rip way harder go for it

I agree with Jake. Don't take em out, just file the edge of the crack so it doesn't scar the piston. They need to be there, newer cylinders are even thicker there for even better port exit flow angle. No cylinder there steepens the port flow angle too much, only worth taking out if there's not enough material on the bottom of the cylinder/top of the case to make the start of the transfer ports larger by going outwards.

Ryan nailed it.

Or just buy a new kit and have no worries.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account