Urban NU50 Roller Weights

Mariano Ulibarri /

So I pulled out 3 of my 6 stock roller weights today and was very pleased with the gain that gave my stock Urban. My rollers are pretty worn though - all of them have a flat rut.

I'm looking at a new set of rollers on Treats & wondering what a good starting weight might be? More than 5 grams? Less?

Re: Urban NU50 Roller Weights

3 of the stock weights total 40g. get close to that or a multi weight pack for fine tuning.

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

My darn scale battery went out I was going to weight the stock weights to see for myself but previous threads state that 12g for stock rollers. I think most tuners go for a total weight of 27-30 grams total. I'm too cheap to buy a bunch of roller packs to tune in the weights but 3 stock (36g) seems to work well for me, less may be better though! I live in a hilly area so I needs low end!

Although the 27-30 g's work for them doesnt mean it'll work for you because they have pipes, bigger cylinders, wider belts, etc. to make the lowend suck I'm thinking if you shoot for 30g's with a stock belt and stock setup you'll be able to do wheelies!!!!!! hahaha

its whatev, swap the belt too, that belt change is major.

Mariano Ulibarri /

Cool, thanks. Borrowed a gram scale from my neighbor the crack dealer - it is about 36g with 3 stockers. Think I'll try the 5.1g for a total of 30.6. I live in a somewhat hilly area too & need the low.

I'm ordering a belt too - from what I've read that is first on any list.

Pretty stoked on this Urban so far... It's a lot of fun & seems to have a lot of potential.

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

are you ordering a stock size belt or the bx31? just curious, the bx31 may give gains of 3-5 mph on the top

Mariano Ulibarri /

Got a bx31 belt, 4.5g weights, stocko shocko jug, VM22, and Weekends intake. Gonna weld up an old tecno exhaust for now & when I can afford it start looking for a better pipe.

Shoot for 33-35 grams total. Your scale is either off or your stock weights were a little light. Weighing stock weights yesterday while doing some variator tuning I got 13g each for my stockers, and I weighed 12 of them individually. 39-40 grams for three stock weights, or 80g total for a full stock variator.

At 33 grams my bike runs and pulls nicely, and variates up and down snappily, just what I am looking for. I live in hilly Seattle and need hill climbing abilities too.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account