Re: Setting Points on Peugeot

Andy Pabstalaniec /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ya, it's gonna have to wait. I swear I was very close. I'm going to add another ground wire just to be sure. I've had other experiences where grounds 'go bad' over time, dunno why, corrosion maybe?

Your method is nice flagrant, but I just use the micrometer to measure down to 1.2mm, then hold the clutch against it while I find the advance spot with the flywheel opening the points, using some cigarette film.... I also have a points light that I made, but haven't figured out where to attach each clip.

The nice thing about my crank, I think it's a doppler, it's been years I can't remember, is it has a woodruff key spot, and when that's at 12 o'clock, you're at TDC, makes things a bit easier. Then the full-advance on a pegueot is when the '+' sign on the flywheel is pointed at the same angle as the cylinder bore, makes things a bit easier, but when it's like that and the points are fully open, the window isn't even close to the points screw. (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account