AV7/PHBG intake

Heya, I'm assembling an av7 motor with a biturbo kit (50cc not much faster than stock if not the same) and a phbg intake. The intake is larger (I don't want to say much larger, but it is significantly larger) than the intake on the cylinder. How should I match these? should I draft the intake port into the size it is at the inner cylinder wall? (if that makes sense..I'm having a hard time using just words to explain it)

Also, how do you guys like to run your stock/almost stock kits, in terms of head gaskets?

Thanks,

Vova

Re: AV7/PHBG intake

depends on the size carb you're going to use. pick a carb that suits your kit. If it's stockish, I wouldn't go over a 17phbg. (not familiar with the biturbo). a smooth passage from carb to port window will help flow but you don't need a larger intake than carb.

planning to run a vm16! (edited)

Take off the shelf so there is a smooth transition at the union point of the intake and the cylinder. Using just files it would take perhaps half a hour - 45 minutes using a method of measure cut measure cut measure cut. Use the intake gasket as a template and draw the material to remove with a marker pen for the measure part.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account