18mm intake, what size carb?

Alex Steffenson /

I plan to buy the athena mo1/mo2 intake from treats. It says it has a 24mm outside diameter and an 18mm inside diameter. How big of a carb would go well with this? 19mm pbsh (or whatever letters) or something else?

Re: 18mm intake, what size carb?

If the inside diameter is 18mm, it won't ever flow more than 18mm. When you start using carbs larger than the intake, you start losing velocity. Stick with an 18 for max awesomeness, or go lower if you have a carb that you want to use already. Just don't go over 18.

By the way, it's a phbg.

Alex Steffenson /

Haha good info. Thank you.

Probably Fred /

A 19mm is ok too

You can dremel the intake a little bigger

Alex Steffenson /

Probably Fred /

Just get a clamp on phbg

I don't know enough about those scooter carbs

Alex Steffenson /

My stock dellorto clamps on to the intake itself, do the 19mm carbs do the same or does it clamp to the intake with a rubber hose?

Probably Fred /

They make phbgs with clamp on and as well as spigot/hose mount

Alex Steffenson /

Okay. So all I need to do is find one that clamps on. Will the spigot style with a hose work just as well? Thanks for your help, it makes this a million times easier!

Alex Steffenson /

Will the 18mm clamp style Mikuni that treats has for 70 bucks work with that intake? I assume it will, just want to be sure.

the 18mm mik fits on the intake i have for a phbg, or u can shave down a phbg shim for a tighter fit

be sure to check out the options you may want on a phbg i.e.- choke style(cable, pull, lever) and what side you want adjustment screws on.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account