Choke question

Shawn Martin /

I have a 14mm Dellotoro with a manual choke lever. I have an issue with a black plug at idle. I have the mixture screw turned about 2 out. I'm curious if my choke is still on a tad even with the lever off. Whats the best way to check if this is the case? Can I totally remove the choke to check?

Re: Choke question

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

uh, take the air filter off, and look.

Shawn Martin /

I have lots of experience with carbs on cars, Air Fuel sensors on headers, etc.. but I have only had this Dellotoro for a few days. So youll have to forgive me with my lack of experience on a moped carb. Is the choke easy to see when looking in? I'll have to check when I get home.

those carbs are very simple to take apart and reassemble you shouldn't have any trouble. they commonly run rich at idle. there are modifications you can do to remedy this. small notches in the bottom of the slide, or tiny hole drilled in the slide at the top of the carb throat will lean out your idle. search for crazy wayne's instructions in moped repair and moped performance

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account