Hi flow filter

Polini reeds

Mallosi intake

640' above sea level.

3 balls in vari

3 coil ignition

Stock exhaust

Stock timing

Cannot quite find the perfect mix. Bogging with the hi flow on. Bogging with pantyhose. Lean & running awesome without a filter.

I'm new to peugeot. Any words? Do not have a temp gauge, but I periodically hand check. Im doing a 3 mile trip running lean & its not getting way hot.

Thanks! (edited)

Re: My 103 setup s\ash letdown

I have the same set up with a drilled out 14 sha, and I'm jetted at 64. I cant get her to idle for shit, but if I pedal the shit out of it and hold the gas wide open, I'm off to the races. Its getting pretty hot too. Like 300+ after about a 2 miles of WOT. I have put a 74 in it and it went BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP. four stoke city. I also am not sure of how to time this bitch...

Have you tried smaller jets with the various filters? I presume you have flat reeds. I don't run a filter on most of my peds but they are of a higher tune. Typically with a mild exhaust you will have to be way off on the jetting to sieze it. As much as I abhor all the dust going into my engines they tune much better w/o filters

pantyhose is pretty restrictive really. you just gotta jet for your filter if you want a filter. You might have luck running with a modified airbox, it can make tuning a lot simpler and can actually be helpful performance-wise

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Shave the lip in the exhaust port and take the baffle out of your exhaust. I'm at 250 ft above sea level and with that type of setup only needed a 68 jet.

† CH∆D † /

Its a TSE exhaust. A plumbers dream, pretty bendy. Dont know if its restricted. Ill research the exhaust port idea.

Been crazy four stroking with filter on. I have an old magnum airbox I may try to mod up.

Thanks, & feel free to keep this up & discuss more!

just adding the stock puch cigar airbox, no filter, changed airflow enough to four stroke for me, hitting 380f without it.

guess it's the tiny ess turn right where it bolts up causing turbulence.

something else to consider.

chad, you're just jetted way to high, go down to around low 60's and you'll run cleaner and faster

† CH∆D † /

If Im lean at 84 (which was around 78 with filter) You think It'll straighten things out with a jet in the 60's? Will try & see.

You looked at your crank seals? Sounds like one could be leaking. That or around your new intake.

† CH∆D † /

I have sprayed all over with carb clean. Have not replaced the stocker seals, but I didn't get a leak read with cleaner. Intake is tight.

pick a filter that's high flow and fits, without hitting while variating, then jet accordingly. If you are 4stroking, you're rich. I have a pug with that set up, and am running a 60 jet.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account