Possible setup?

Hey, everyone. I have a 1978 Puch Magnum with an E50, stock. I have been deciding between making a massive amount of performance upgrades or keeping it stock. So, I've decided to meet in the middle; I don't want to upgrade the cylinder, but I'd like to upgrade the carb and pipe. I just don't want to deal with the added expenses, frustrations, etc. of making a lot of performance upgrades. I just want some overall added performance, nothin' crazy.

So, I need some opinion on a possible setup? 15.15 SHA paired with a Techno Boss pipe, is pretty much the extent of my performance upgrades. I've heard good things about the SHA, but I'm not too sure about the Techno Boss pipe. Being a Magnum with five-stars, I'd like a pipe that adds some torque, due to the weight of the ped. So, how do you think this setup will run me? Any estimates on speed and such? Thanks.

Re: Possible setup?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

15 Bing (Dels are crap) and a Bullet pipe. Bore the intake to 15mm too, and tune the clutch.

PHTO0013.JPG

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Mill the head too. My bike used to do 40, but I backed off the timing a little, a solid 38, will squeak out a 40 in a tight tuck.

just pipe and air your stock carb is good just more flow in and out.

its a pump, move more air through it, let it get more air,

so to clarify

pipe, more flowing intake restrictor, and bigger jet.

Tecno or proma circuit pipe. Your stock carb should be able to make that setup rip. Then later kit it and dremel out the header to match the port size. The Tecno has a big chamber that's just begging for a good kit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account