Pirelli Tires. anyone try these yet?

Ed - Dead Possums /

tire

Really thinking about getting these. Obviously with a custom rear swing arm and some EBR hydraulics.

Re: Pirelli Tires. anyone try these yet?

Ed - Dead Possums /

On an H2O 50cc Malossi powered MBK

Too big for 50cc. Go with 2.0 or 2.25" tires.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Jeff won the Polini Cup, the first year, with the 16" moped version on his Derbi. Sticky, for sure.

off topic but pirelli ml75's or hutchinson gp1's. which has more grip? which is more long lasting? thanks.

Ed - Dead Possums /

yeah good question. i have the gp1's but i haven't had them very long, they are sticky, and soft. They don't seem to be as tough as a tire like the beefy gazelles(which aren't very sticky). I think the pirelli is going to be just as sticky but a longer lasting, tough, durable tire.

I raced on a bike with a gp1 rear and a shinko front. cold the gp1 was awesome and the shinko was slipping bad. 10 laps in the gp1 started to overheat and slip, but i like the rear to slide a little, and the shinko was like super glue. turned some super fast lap times. On my kawi 100 project I'm thinking hutch front and pirelli rear and try to keep em cool but that may not be an option since this bike is kinda heavy so maybe pirelli front and hutch rear so when they're hot they'll act right.... idk. what do you think?

fyi try the pressure the gp1's say on the side of them. a little tip I got second hand that came from a very good racer. Those tires are squirmy as hell when you run low pressure, too soft of sidewalls.

Those pirelli's aren't too big for 50cc, but they might be too big for your moped. They are pretty huge, so make sure they're going to fit before you buy them. They are the stock tires on ninja 250's

Just put 16x2.5's on the gf's maxi didn't do more than a few putts around the block they seem sticky but durable enough for daily use. Figure it this way if they are stock on a ninja 250 which is a commuter bike more than all out race I'm sure they will last.

What wheels did you put on your gf's maxi that are 16 inch?

Special puch 5 stars.

Oh rad, I've been looking for some korado wheels myself. Gotta love small rim+big tire

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account