PUCH SPORT

All, i finally got my puch running GREAT. i took her out for spin and was maxin out at like 30mph. Which is fine for now. I did notice that my ZA50 kicks into 2nd gear at about 12 mph. I have read that its supposed to be around 18mph, any suggestions on what i should to.

Re: PUCH SPORT

Probably Fred /

Flip the second gear clutch

And replace the pucks while you're at it.

Probably Fred /

While its off the bike Grind the case for a 20 tooth countershaft sprocket too.

some fresh fluid might help just a smidge. needs to slip more. mess with different additives and gear oils a little see what that does.

thanks all, will do that stuff tomorrow.

Michael Dreamboat /

Your gonna replace your pucks tomorrow? You just have spare pucks lying around? I didn't even know what a puck was until I read a thread about the ZA50 a few days ago.

Probably Fred /

Ya mike that's like when I ask is their not case matched za50 timed to 16.5 degrees with a 18-20 thousand point gap and they say ya it's all that and I know if that were true much dremel work on the slots on the stator and even the stator post and then the heads of the screws would be half buried by the metal of the coils. I know that never even looked at the timing .

So many people are afraid of timing yet they rather seize kit after kit

I initially replaced the pucks when i first had the transmision apart, but the bike wasnt running. I did change the fluid and flipped the gear, and it seemed to help a little. When riding, it feels like the second gear clutch is expanding too soon, like its too heavy, or the 1st speed clutch is slipping, which is why i don't have the speed when the 2nd gear clutch expands. I will figure something out, i am not too concerned with it right now.

Ken as far as timing, my point gap is correct, I am curious as to whether it is better to advance or retard the timing.

Probably Fred /

Full retard is still not enough with a 17 thousand point gap

Set point gap before timing with a light

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account