puch case bolt mishap

so I went alittle deep on my port match and need to know if I should get it tig welded back closed or just jb weld it... the tig welder will probably be cheaper... I know a guy with one. but can you tig weld these things? before you say anything I have searched for the last 20 minutes to try to figure this out and have come up empty handed. here is a crappy cell pic of how close it is and it went through in one spot.

0607122223.jpg

Re: puch case bolt mishap

thus ramping is much safer. tig welder?

seal off the case bolt with liquid gasket :)

yes but this is better for performance... I usally do pretty good but i slipped. and I thought I could seal it on the inside... I am planning on selling this moped so i want it reliable.

How sure are you about better performance? What are your grounds for such claims.

Making it deep is taking more CASE PRESSURE away! Not a good thing, btw, imo. Unless you can spin 15k and I know dam well a e50 can't do that cause the clutches are shit.

The pics a little lacking but it looks OK if you use light torque and blue loctite

k.. i have a supper stuffy crank and stuff. I knew what I was doing there I just got stumped when I went through the case.

I guess this was done with a dremel right? Might wanna try files so you can learn to control how it cuts and so on. I don't see a hole. I guess, cause its a cell fone pic. Tig welding that area is tuff.. the heat will warp shit quicker then you can blink. (edited)

k, there is defiantly a hole there... I will talk to the guy with the tig welder he works at a machine shop so he should be able to help me out. we shall see if worse comes to worse I will put alittle jb there.

just put it together and jb that shit. i know dudes that have been running shit like that for ages. make sure u mix it VERY good. if you get it welded , then u gotta mill it flat, not warp it, and grind it down again and that's gonna cost more than a new e 50 case on the buy sell.

listen to mopegen. he is a wizard.

and, my ciao is faster than everybody else's cuz i just did little ramps. only go as deep as you need to. less is usually more w/ a case match.

look for qt bond its like super glue with a filler. shit hold like no tomorrow. down side is you only got about 5-10 min working time.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account