Moby Exhaust

So i have a 76' Motobecane moby, and I would like to put an exhaust on it. However, I do not want to remove the pedals (defeats the purpose of a moped) or cut off a piece of the frame. Does anyone know any good exhausts that I can install without making any modifications to my moby, or is it best just to stick with the stock pipe? Thanks

IMG_20120521_122022.jpg

Re: Moby Exhaust

word is there are no 'good' pipes that clear both, but there is considerable gain to be had by derestricting the stock pipe. See Rebels instructions on the Mabecane sight. I hear the Sim pipe clears, some like, some don't

ive got the same bike and im about to order the sim off 1977mopeds when im not poor

I'd like to hear about your results when you get it on ,Adam

Rollo Tomassi /

+1 on modifications to stock pipe. I ordered an aftermarket pipe, and it made me sad. I was out good money, and the exhaust nut threats were terrible, the mount was poor and it was into the peddle's path. I will go at it later with mig and grinder to make it useful, but I will likely end up running a stock pipe with drilled bulkheads and a slightly bigger outlet.

Go better with a after market stock exhause - 1977Mopeds has the reproduction of the very excellent cashew stock exhause

http://www.1977mopeds.com/product/50558/Motobecane-AV88-Stock-Exhaust/

just derestrict the bulkhead and baffles, resize the outlet, repaint it not-blue (unless you have a AV88 bleue) and enjoy!!!

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

rebel is that one bettet thanstocl cashew to start with

YES - that is the cashew exhause, which is a lot better then the blunderbuss exhause (both the old ball silencer and the later version) but you would need to rework the bulkhead holes and the center baffle as well as the exit. The cashew gives up a nicer tone then the blunderbuss in my opinion for an added bonus.

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

When all is said and done an after time and effort spent and assuming a perfect derestriction is performed on new version.....that stock cashew from 77 will still out perform ? Or was it just more restrictions/more baffles/ more work to equally derestrict the new version ?

Is it worth the money or can I attain the same results with effort and attn to detail ?

When you get the cashew you need to take the nut from the back and disassemble the end from the pipe and the pipe from the chrome portion. The chrome portion has the bulkhead which can have the holes enlarged, the stick has a pair of baffles back to back which again can have larger holes drilled in it, the end cap has a piccolo which can take more holes.

Actually a lot less work then the blunderbuss because you are not trying to drill way the heck down the body of the pipe. You can optionally replace the stick with the baffles with just a length of threaded rod, it will be louder without those baffles though but without them the pipe also resonates better.

http://mabecanemobylette.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1390

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account