Morini M01 Questions

Alex Steffenson /

I'm looking to start buying a few things for my moped. I've never really done anything to it, include ride it because it has always been terribly slow. I'm looking at this kit: https://www.treatland.tv/morini-M01-M02-polini-43mm-60cc-reed-kit-p/morini-polini-43-reed-1130403.htm

along with a dellorto 15.15 carb. Also an EV pipe. I've never really modded a moped so i'm curious I guess as to how noticeable the bike would be with those mods. As of right now whether it be because of poor tuning or whatever it can barely get me around. I weigh about 200 but the bike just wont do it for me.

Any info will be helpful as I've mentioned before I've never messed with these little 2-strokes before. Thanks!

Oh yeah...the bike is a Baretta Minisport XL with a Morini M01. The bike is identical to the Baretta 38 except it has smaller wheels and tires.

Re: Morini M01 Questions

the pipe itself will give you a noticeable boost. put it together, upjet, and ride.

Alex Steffenson /

You suggest a pipe and carb first?

if you can afford it, do all at once. If you're going to buy a new carb, though, get a 19mm phbg instead of a 15mm sha. I've got a 19mm phbg, polini reed kit and an ev racing pipe and get around 45mph with enough low end to wheelie.

Alex Steffenson /

That sounds perfect. I can't afford to do it all at once, but that makes me happy to hear. You have that stuff on an M01/M02?

Yo, I've got an ev pipe on my colt. Fuck that thing. All the "morini" pipes I've had needed a good bit of work to fit and I wasn't getting into them at all with a stock set up.

^Yeah, my pipe didn't need any work to fit, so who knows what the hell is going on with your pipe.

Alex, I've got a MO2. what do you have? your profile doesn't list it...

Alex Steffenson /

I've got an MO1. I'm still contemplating swapping for a V1 or A35 if I can find one and going from there. I would like to keep the Morini but it seems like its easier to do better with another motor.

no, don't hurt the dam mopeds just buy other buy. sell the morini then go buy dam tomoos or a minarelli v1 bike. crazy, the kids beat the living shit out of this piece of history.

Like I said, watch out .. the 3rd coming is here.

Alex Steffenson /

Uhh...this is the bike I've got and I like it. I'm keeping it and going to make it my own. Its not the history of the bike ill be throwing away, just the MO1.

Can you cut and weld?, neither the v1 or a35 will bolt right in.

Alex Steffenson /

Yeah ill be able to fab up pretty much anything for it, I come from a supercharged ford 3.8 in a Datsun and a ford 5.4 in a fox body mustang, so the moped shouldn't be too bad. I even considered throwing on my modded HF 6.5 Honda clone on there, but kinda want to stay 2-stroke.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account