Re: First moby kit questions

notch the slide as per crazy W.

I have had troubles with SHA16:16 on stock AV7 even with the old style notched piston. Might have to play with the timing to 1,2mm - 1,5mm BTDC and life with stumbly idle, then just tune WOT two numbers below 4 stroking.

Sounds like a winner-- I'll try the notch thing--runs pretty good so far--Still need to adjust timing and work with that carb asap--a little backfiring when trying to crank it suggest timing issues but, on an adverse note seems to be very responsive to the throttle!

Russell Huddy /

Probably just a sha thing if your jetted to be rich on the top end your going to be really rich on the low end

Get the timing good then play at the jetting a bit, should not be backfiring

Backfiring went away--user error--still having problems trying to figure out the 16 sha needing so much in on the carb screw sort of limits the full range of throttle!!! I'll try adjusting at the cable end.

Run her at about 1/4 throttle for a couple of minutes once she is warmed up and do a plug chop - see if she is boggy from lean or rich, just might be the low vacuum signal plaguing the SHA

Break in finalized-- great take off all the way thru--great pull up hills--11/54 might be holding it back a bit--push starting it works better than on the stand--considering a varplus and a magura for better throttle opening though.

All stock for now except the 16 sha and shorty intake!

EXCELLENT!

Thanks always Reb for your advice and others of course!! A little fine tuning left to do. Took a late ride yesterday and got complements from a guy on a motorcycle that knew the Slow Goers here in Charlotte NC! A couple of pics!

Moby kit 001.JPG
Moby kit 002.JPG

i like waffles /

most excellent! did you drill the variator clutch out yourself? Notice any difference? Was thinking of doing this myself, but was unsure if there would be any noticeable difference.

I was trying to ditch a little weight--mostly for looks--not much difference in performance though--Running a 73 jet on the 16 sha.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account